Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advanced Following Options

Feam

This may have been discussed before, and I apologize if I miss something or ask for something that makes no sense, but I think it would be nice if we had more options when wanting to follow certain content on the Forum.

Following People

I've seen quite a few talented / hilarious / interesting posters (Kahruvel, MyHeroPatrickSwayze, and DERebecca of course... to name a few.) that I would like to have a little button, aside from the "Followed Threads" button, that will tell me when they post.

An option to have either "Notify ALL activity by this user" and "Notify only Topics created by this user" would be a tremendous addition!

These are just specific ideas, but the general point is to be able to easily see and find more from specific people that you know you would like.

Following Original Post / Poster

Again, very specific suggestion for a more general idea that is: Micromanaging out Follows!

It would be nice if you could choose more specific details of what you want to follow in a thread.

[ ] Follow all new posts made in thread

[ ] Follow new posts by the Original Poster in this thread

[ ] Follow Edits made to the ORIGINAL POST of the thread

And you could just tick whichever parts you want.

The third one is particularly useful. Certain threads are meant to go a long, long way, and the original posters intend to update them constantly. (One that I am aware of is Yuikami's big thread that has quite a few fans!)

So... yeah. Following Customization. Anyone else interested in such? Got your own ideas for things that would help?

Edited by Feam