Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which frame do I use for War Within?

Cyanidekiller24

Question

So I am stuck on which frame to use. I have tried all of mine and I have narrowed it down to, Ember, Excaliber, Ash, and Frost. Which one should I use. I have a pretty good World of Fire build, a very good radial blind build, a really good blade storm or lethal teleport build, and just all around crowd control frost (either ice wave impedance or chilling globe). Which frame should I use and which build should I use. Also Veykor Hek, Sancti Tigris, or Soma Prime? and Orthos prime, nikana prime, or galatine prime? Also sonicor or staticor? Help me there are decisions! 

6 hours ago, Demogarose said:

First things first: ALL HAIL THE CORGI COMMANDER!

With that out of the way, here's my advice:

Don't fall into the trap of only ever using one frame!

Get in the habit of picking the best frame for the job, instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. For example, Frost is great for Defense missions, but you wouldn't want him for a Spy. Ember is great for low-level trash clearing, but doesn't do so well against tougher targets.

Picking the right frame for the mission and enemy type is essential to success the higher up you go.

but I don't think that you can just switch frames in the middle of the quest can you? I don't think we were allowed to switch during second dream.

12 hours ago, Cyanidekiller24 said:

but I don't think that you can just switch frames in the middle of the quest can you? I don't think we were allowed to switch during second dream.

The Second Dream was broken up into several missions, between which you could return to your Orbiter IIRC, allowing you to restock gear and switch equipment.

That's also how all the other quests in the game work, so why would they change anything for TWW?

20 hours ago, JSharpie said:

I use Excalibur Prime with the Dex Sybaris, Lex Prime, Sicarus Prime, or AkStilleto Prime, and I'm still at a loss for melee.

As far as being useful, the quests are never hard.

Why not a braton prime, as well as a nikana prime / prisma skana to complete the set

1 hour ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Why not a braton prime, as well as a nikana prime / prisma skana to complete the set

Complete what set? I play by the rule of cool. The Dex Sybaris is the coolest looking primary for me. There are plenty of cool melee weapons and primary weapons that I'm torn between.