Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable To Buy Platinum Through Steam

Lone_Tenno_Operative

hello, so i got this 50% off on plat and thought i put some more cash into the game so DE can buy themselves few 12packs of good stuff, but well it doesn't work, not sure if the error is on DE's end or Steam end but there is something wrong with the redirection to steam

so here is step 1. get platinum (checked)

http://imageshack.us/a/img829/9159/rueh.png

here is step 2. store will open your web browser (checked)

http://imageshack.us/a/img6/3343/mhm7.png

here is step 3. buy 4300 platinum (checked)

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/5696/vmn.png

here is step 4. log into steam (checked)

http://imageshack.us/a/img692/5328/8rb.png

here is step 5. log into steam again - redirect to purchase (lol nope, nothing for you, but wait for it, wait for it, wait for it......... lol nope, nada, but............... wait for it, wait for it, hmmmm why don't u just wait for it.... patience and wait for it........... lol... nah for real now just  wait for it,wait for it,common just wait for it... lol really ? u still waiting?.......... lol nope, nothing for you........)

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/2383/4nov.png

why don't u try different browser?

right on

explorer, firefox, chrome - doesn't matter same thing every time

I'm so happy you have this up because the EXACT same thing is happening to me.  I've gone through the same steps (only for a different pack amount) and I get the same never-ending Steam log in.

I thought it might be something to do with 50% token but I tried to sign into Steam without going through the Warframe steps and the thing never loads.  I'm signed into the Steam community via website but when switching to Store, you need to log in again.  The same thing happens, all swirly no loady.

I'm tried different browsers, computer, clearing caches, clearing cookies, restarting computers, etc.  Nothing works.  I just simply cannot sign in the Steam Store via website (everything is cool in the client, though).

I'm really hoping we can get an extension on the 50% token because I don't know when this will get fixed.  I really think it's a Steam issue, but I'm no expert!

This also appears to be a predominant bug alongside the current mission crisis.

Yeah, I put a link to this in the mission bug (which has been fixed apparently) in the hopes Rebecca would look into it. A lot of strange things happening today. Possible it is all connected.

Had the same issues, Steam just won't let me sign in.

Looks like Steam just cost you guys $100 from me, unless it's resolved before this 50% coupon expires.

Edit: But thanks for looking into it. I don't want to sound like an &#!, and I would hope you'd give us, and any one else affected, the chance to use these coupons again.

As far as I can tell, Steam just won't let me login if it attempts to redirect to their checkout, since I tried logging in without the additional URL information to redirect me back to the site.

Edited by Lykalos

I forwarded this issue to our programmers and reproduced it locally. Will update with info as I can.

thanks

... and upon attempts to log into Steam as a service (no redirects from Warframe), I was faced with the same "hang" results. I don't know if this is related to issues on our end.

guess you really want those 12 packs ;)

Thanks for looking into it, DER.  I really want a new color scheme and Steam's all, "No, pamkhat.  No color scheme for you."  And it makes me sad.

Also, as for the possibly useful part of my post, I've had a bunch of non-Warframers attempt logins via website to the Steam Store and they don't get anywhere either.

Edited by pamkhat

... and upon attempts to log into Steam as a service (no redirects from Warframe), I was faced with the same "hang" results. I don't know if this is related to issues on our end.

D'oh! I feel silly now. Thank you for checking on it. It is very much appreciated.

Just to be included, I am also having this issue.  I also got the 50% off platinum coupon and was looking to spend some money, so here's hoping its working by tomorrow evening.  Also, another friend of mine is hanging at the same spot, so it doesn't look to necessarily be a user issue.

haha, same issue here. Which is really gonna make me &!$$ed at steam because it let me add money to my steam wallet, but not purchase the platinum. My platinum coupon expires today too. :/

Edited by PonyKing

Same issue, I was going to buy the Sundry Pack with the 50% off but can't since steam's store webpage is screwed since last night. So I won't be buying it until I get 50% off again (if ever).

It sucks that the coupon can't tie into the steam client payment page.