Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Understand Melee Weapons Are Fun To Make...

DeathByTeaCup

I'm building my batman set with rhino, i have kogake for melee movements and combos, working on Kestrel as a batarang.

The only issue i have is my main weapon, batman and guns don't really mix.

Can we have utility main weapon maybe scorpion's grappling hook?

Edited by Morgax

I'm building my batman set with rhino, i have kogake for melee movements and combos, working on Kestrel as a batarang.

The only issue i have is my main weapon, batman and guns don't really mix.

Can we have utility main weapon maybe scorpion's grappling hook?

Try a dread?

What's the difference between a longbow and a shortbow?

Actually, Dread is more of a Shortbow than it is a longbow. Look at it, compared to the Paris. It is a lot smaller.

But either way, both of them are used in much the same way. Nock an arrow, pull the string back, release. ZIP! They just LOOK different.

Crossbow? So you want a nerfed Boltor gun? That's basically what the Boltor already does, only the Boltor does it better by firing faster. You could, perhaps, make a slow-firing bolt gun that does more damage, but uh... what exactly, again, would the difference between it, and say a snipetron would be? Other than, perhaps, being a lot more inaccurate because it is a projectile weapon and not hitscan, that is.

My point is, for nearly any type of gun you can think of, we already have something in the game that would behave exactly like it. Your new gun would only be different in aesthetics. And when we start getting down to that, then one has to wonder "Why even put that weapon in the game in the first place?"

Like......the Machete vs Skana.

Same stats, different skin. Did we really need a 2nd Skana (what most consider the weakest melee weapon in the game)? Alternatively, you could have made the Machete a new Skin like the Brokk Hammer for the Fragor, or the Manticore/Dagger Axe skin for the Scindo.

Longbows are meant for longer ranges than shortbows. A shortbow would draw much faster but would arc more. The dread is more akin to a composite bow because it does fire slightly faster than the paris but is still slow to draw and fire. At least this is what video games have taught me for years.

The difference between the boltor and a crossbow? The boltor is not silent. The boltor fires much slower projectiles than the Dread of Paris. Clip size is another large difference. By you reasoning there's no difference between the aklatos and the gorgon because they both fire bullets.

Longbows are meant for longer ranges than shortbows. A shortbow would draw much faster but would arc more. The dread is more akin to a composite bow because it does fire slightly faster than the paris but is still slow to draw and fire. At least this is what video games have taught me for years.

The difference between the boltor and a crossbow? The boltor is not silent. The boltor fires much slower projectiles than the Dread of Paris. Clip size is another large difference. By you reasoning there's no difference between the aklatos and the gorgon because they both fire bullets.

The Gorgon is akin to a minigun without being an actual minigun. It has a wind-up time, and incredibly high rate of fire (but low damage per bullet) while the Aklato are two pistols -- they fire a lot slower and have no wind-up time and do more damage per bullet usually. A Lato is a Semi-Automatic Pistol while the Gorgon is a fully automatic machinegun. Two entirely different guns. You could argue that the Vipers and Gorgon are similar weapons, but then, again, Gorgon has a windup while the Vipers don't.

And if you really want a stealth bolt weapon that badly, well, that's kinda what the Paris and Dread are, right? Only they're bows, but do you really need something that fires faster and is still silent? If you're looking for Stealth, then you want to make 1 shot count anyways. I don't really understand the whole "I want to fire multiple shots silently".

And even then you got Kunai/Dread if you really wanted to do that; you can throw several in a few seconds.

My main point, that you seemed to have missed in this whole discussion, is that we have guns for nearly any job you could possibly think of, there IS a gun that will fill that role.

Except Grenade Launcher.

They need to make that happen.

Edited by Xylia

What's the difference between a longbow and a shortbow?

Actually, Dread is more of a Shortbow than it is a longbow. Look at it, compared to the Paris. It is a lot smaller.

But either way, both of them are used in much the same way. Nock an arrow, pull the string back, release. ZIP! They just LOOK different.

Crossbow? So you want a nerfed Boltor gun? That's basically what the Boltor already does, only the Boltor does it better by firing faster. You could, perhaps, make a slow-firing bolt gun that does more damage, but uh... what exactly, again, would the difference between it, and say a snipetron would be? Other than, perhaps, being a lot more inaccurate because it is a projectile weapon and not hitscan, that is.

My point is, for nearly any type of gun you can think of, we already have something in the game that would behave exactly like it. Your new gun would only be different in aesthetics. And when we start getting down to that, then one has to wonder "Why even put that weapon in the game in the first place?"

Like......the Machete vs Skana.

Same stats, different skin. Did we really need a 2nd Skana (what most consider the weakest melee weapon in the game)? Alternatively, you could have made the Machete a new Skin like the Brokk Hammer for the Fragor, or the Manticore/Dagger Axe skin for the Scindo.

no more guns eh? just look at every other fps or just shooter in general.. tons of weps to choose from.. not saying they should copy those.. it just means there are a tonnnn of options

no more guns eh? just look at every other fps or just shooter in general.. tons of weps to choose from.. not saying they should copy those.. it just means there are a tonnnn of options

I'm talking about types/functionality.

Want an automatic fire machinegun (aka "Assault Weapon")? Yeah, we can do that:

MK1-Braton

Braton

Boltor

(A)Furis

(Ak)Viper

Want a Minigun? Yup, we have that too! Its called the Gorgon.

Want a Shotgun? Yup. We have Hek and Strun. Want a (semi)Auto Shotgun? Yup, that's what the Boar does. Also, there's Bronco/Dual Broncos in the Pistol Variety.

Want a bow and arrow? We have two! Dread and Paris.

Long-range "Sniper Rifle"? Yup. Vulkar and the old Snipetron, and Lex for Pistols.

Flamethrower? Yup, we got that too! There's the Ignis.

Rocket Launcher? Ogris.

Laser/Energy Guns? Supra, Lanka, Dera, Flux. One's a mini-gun only with lasers, one's a decent long-range gun, and the other is your average assault weapon.

Do you like Poison Gas? Because we have that too!

Burst-Fire Weapons? They're not very popular, but the Burston, Sicarus, and Kraken have you covered!

Regular semi-auto pistols? Yup. We got those too.

We even have Throwing Knives.

The only two things I can see here that we DON'T have, is...

1). Grenade Launcher

2). A straight-line laser gun with no travel time (I'd picture this being a sniper rifle) with incredible accuracy, hitscan, but slow firing rate.

What exactly are we missing here? We got pretty much all the bases covered. Sure you could make MORE shotguns, more assault weapons, but why when we already have those in-game?

Edited by Xylia

I will note, while looking through wiki, apparently there IS a Grenade Launcher, the one Infested Research.

But it is a POISON and not EXPLOSIVE grenade and much of its damage is a DoT.

It'd be nice to have explosive grenades that don't rely on DoTs but meh. It isn't a huge deal. It'd just be nice to lob grenades up over ledges onto catwalks above, over crates to hit enemies behind the crates, etc. That'd be some fun gameplay.

I think the XP could be spread out a bit with the majority still going to the weapon used to get the kill. All of it going makes it very difficult to level alot of things effectively.  Infact leveling snipers and bows is also very time consuming and unless you get some lucky thunderbolts you arent going to get alot done that you couldnt simply do with a different weapon and faster.

The problem with such a large selection of melee weapons is that they are not very different from each other.  Cleave yes/no Throw yes/no Slashing/Pierce, and then different attack speeds and damage.  The weapons aren't fundamentally different enough to justify such a large selection.

I will note, while looking through wiki, apparently there IS a Grenade Launcher, the one Infested Research.

But it is a POISON and not EXPLOSIVE grenade and much of its damage is a DoT.

It'd be nice to have explosive grenades that don't rely on DoTs but meh. It isn't a huge deal. It'd just be nice to lob grenades up over ledges onto catwalks above, over crates to hit enemies behind the crates, etc. That'd be some fun gameplay.

You're looking for the Ogris

Edited by Onbashira