Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server problems

Sarge_Tarmus

Question

I have problems with launching game. After 2-3 minutes of nothing i'm getting notifycation about connection problems. I also have troubles with connecting to the main website of this game. Surprisingly, I still have connection to forums, so I would like to give you a question. Do you have any troubles with launching game?

9 answers to this question

Please look at all the other Treads to that problem that was opened the last hour ago before you open another one where everyone has to tell you the same things you could read in those. Yes, much more have those problems. I have ate the hamsters and Warframe seems to be under attack currently.

Keep calm and be prepared that this can take a while.

3 minutes ago, DeadSirius said:

Probably another DDoS, they really need to get protection for that. I've never seen a game get attacked this often.

I saw some games. The thing is, there is no real protection against it. Sure, you can split your servers and get backup servers. But all that costs a bunch of money. And even then it's not 100% DDoS attack safe. 

Just now, Sarge_Tarmus said:

But are there any reasons for attacking this game?

Back when Solar Rails were a thing ICE and V did it to keep out competition for nodes, and someone else did it once to make Baro stay longer. I don't know about other people's motives but timed events can cause it.

5 minutes ago, Lucex said:

I saw some games. The thing is, there is no real protection against it. Sure, you can split your servers and get backup servers. But all that costs a bunch of money. And even then it's not 100% DDoS attack safe. 

There's actually services and scripts that provide DDoS protection by only allowing each client to ping x many times per second and they're fairly common.

1 minute ago, DeadSirius said:

There's actually services and scripts that provide DDoS protection by only allowing each client to ping x many times per second and they're fairly common.

I want to know more about that. Some advice what to look for?