Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Connectivity (not warframe specific)

Endless_Destruction

Question

although it seems to happen more with warframe than any other game.

So, often my router just stops broadcasting. (I play on WiFi, not wired, trust me, I have a good reason for it. Wired I encounter the same issue, though much, much less frequently). It has gotten so bad that I almost exclusively solo. For example, yesterday I ran 20 waves of Lua Defense (public), disconnected 4 times before wave 20, and to add insult to injury, G3 spawned when I disconnected from the rest of the squad the first time. Having never faced them before, I nearly lost before hitting wave 5. Anyway, sometimes there are 30 minute intervals between disconnects, sometimes I encounter 5-6 within 2 minutes. It is absurd! Anyone know of anything that could make this happen? My router is Archer C9, and it happens most often when playing with others, regardless of matchmaking settings (invite, friends, or public). Still happens when running solo, but slightly less often.

When it happens, I either have to wait for the computer to auto-reconnect (if it decides to, it can take up to 2 minutes, usually it doesn't), or I have to personally go into connection settings and disconnect from the network, then reconnect. I'm using Win10, on an HP envy 15tj100 laptop, not touchscreen. Please help, and is anyone else having similar problems with similar equipment?

Edited by Endless_Destruction
corrected model of laptop

2 answers to this question

Is anything else (computers, tablets, smart TV, etc) in your house having the same issue? 

If so, try checking your router settings/bandwidth usage, your router may be kicking you off the network because your game is pulling down more data than the router is capable of providing. It's a concept known as "network saturation".

If it doesn't look like your router is struggling to keep up with demand, try resetting it and reinstalling your wireless drivers on your computer. A quick Google search will show you how to do both of those.

Edited by MadHatHacker