Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Start mission immediate timer super annoying.

I don't think i've ever started a topic that wasn't a trading or recruiting topic. Usually I don't feel strongly enough about something to post one, or its already been hashed out a hundred times over.  This has probably been covered but I don't particularly care.  it is a quality of life issue, and possibly the most annoying thing i encounter in Warframe. 

Basically, you click (or mis-click) on a node with the intent to start a lobby for some friends or pugs, and you join a squad immediately, not giving you enough time to escape back, or click leave squad, you begin the mission, and have to abort if you still want to bring your friends/invited pugs. Its particularly annoying in sorties.  Often i don't intend to start the mission.  What is the purpose of this immediate timer and how does it positively affect gameplay? I can wait 10 or 12 seconds to begin a match, and the usefulness of being able to drop the lobby before you enter can't be understated.  Please fix/revert this feature.  I am aware you can set it to friends-only but again, I almost always have mine set to public, and thats more clicking and that you have to do, and the remember to un-do it later when you want to jump into public missions.  A short timer at the beginning of the mission has always worked fine. 

Edited by ------ArtOfViolence-----

Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Personally, I think we need a 'Join In-Progress Missions' toggle in the options somewhere so that I can turn it off. This would (generally) fix your problem and also stop dropping people (me) in an interception/defense/etc. that is about to be failed.

This is truth. thanks for the idea and constructive addition.  mostly i just feel the old way with the brief timer worked well if you needed to back out.  now i can attack my esc key but its already begun...