Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

haven't played since kubrow before arcwings ...

VALHALLA1240

Question

Been a couple years since I last played.  Have a couple questions if anyone is able to help.

1. I had 2 resource extractors, still do as far as my inventory reflects, but I can not find them on the solar

system map.  Either from the view of all the planets and other bodies nor the zoom in close up of say Earth.

According to the ... forget what it's called ... index? Anyways the only quest I have "Completed" is the first one

with Vor.  To the left of Vor's picture is the Kubrow quest and above those two is three more Arcwing, Stolen Dreams?,

and something else.  From what I've gathered I need to complete the "Second Dream" quest/mission?  Is that part of

"Stolen Dreams" or leads into "Second Dream"?

2. On the solar system (mission) map ... when you zoom your view down to a single planet could anyone tell me what the

pulsing "blue" mission markers mean?  MIssions I have not done is my guess.  I understand a lot ,mission wise, has been shifted

around or just plain new so that would make sense. 

Same question ... Dotted lines say from "Mission name whatever" to "Mission name" means that is a path I have not travelled yet correct?

I have to proceed through the missions in a sequence/line.

Currently building a new warframe and plan to start at the beginning and just work my way through the missions and planets.

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

Oh man, you left when I just started... You've got a lot of catching up to do! 

1. I believe you click on the planet, and then in the bottom right corner there should be an extractor icon.

2. Yeah, pulsing blue means uncompleted, black is unlocked, and white is completed.

Smart idea to start unlocking the starchart, you need to complete the Sedna junction in order to play The War Within. To do the Second Dream, you need to complete the Natah quest, which you will obtain by scanning an Oculyst on Uranus.

Your Resource Extractors, if you left them in orbit somewhere, are almost certainly destroyed by now.  If they were hiding out in your inventory, I'm not sure what might have happened to them.  If you're looking for RE 'triggers', they're in the bottom right corner of the screen now, as you look at a planet in the star map.  And nowadays, you have to have completed all the nodes on a planet in order to use a RE on it.

FYI, if you played WF back around De Time Uf De Beginning (around closed beta time) you may notice that DE went back to a design for the Star Chart very similar to the way it used to be in those days.

You'll want to complete the Second Dream quest as soon as you can.  Besides the fact that it was a fantastic (emotional, even!) quest and filled with new lore, it's a pivotal point (and a requirement) for some of the higher-profile quests that came after it, including the SoonTM?-to-be-dropping ThWaWi quest ("The War Within"). 

Several of the other quests will give you Warframes at their conclusion, so you'll want to knock them out as soon as Second Dream is complete.

Off the top of my head, I think you're right about the flashing blue icons. (Been a long time since I had any to complete, sorry.)

They've added Junctions now, which are basically a way to make you do certain nodes that you might want to just skip, or do once to unlock them and never look back.  The Junctions often require you to perform certain things, sometimes more than once, in order to "unlock" progress to the next world.  Once you click on one, it'll make sense.

There's a lot of new things to do since you played - Syndicates, Focus, Catbros -excuse me, Kavats- Void Relics (which took the place of Keys) and more.  Have fun!