Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What weapons do I get for Trinity Prime?

Zorra_Fox

Question

I have played excalibur (don't have it now), rhino (don't have it now), Nekros P, and Volt P. I'm thinking of going for Trinity P next.

So what weapons should I get for it? I'm MR 5. Also, should I go for Power strength, efficiency, duration, or range on this frame?

I have 500 plat so vaulted weapons shouldn't be a problem.

I have scindo prime, dread, and lex prime right now.

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by Zorra_Fox

9 answers to this question

Weapons for Trinity... basically whatever you want. Her powers are all support and utility, so she can play with any kind of weapon.

That said, the unique traits of her Link ability allow her to wield slower, heftier weapons more easily and regularly than other low-Armor Warframes. I usually take this opportunity to have her wield bigger weapons like the Opticor and the Galatine. If you can pick up Tempo Royale for the Galatine, it's bunches of fun, but the other stance (forget what it's called) isn't half bad.

As far as building Trin goes, every power value is your friend but, given the effects of Energy Vampire, you don't need to build Efficiency. I generally prioritize Range, then Duration, then Strength, but it really depends on how you want to play her. I build full support Trin with big Range to optimize getting Energy to my teammates, and I build Duration for a melee-focused Trin to get the most out of Link and Blessing.

Many players may expect you to be building "EV Trin", maxed out Range and negative Duration. This isn't the most fun way of doing things, since this kind of build gimps two of Trin's abilities (including her ult) and is basically just for making you into the squad's Energy b*tch. This build is falling out of favor with all but the spammiest of squads, since if you kill the EV target, all the Energy pulses are released at once, removing the need for a negative Duration.

11 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Weapons for Trinity... basically whatever you want. Her powers are all support and utility, so she can play with any kind of weapon.

That said, the unique traits of her Link ability allow her to wield slower, heftier weapons more easily and regularly than other low-Armor Warframes. I usually take this opportunity to have her wield bigger weapons like the Opticor and the Galatine. If you can pick up Tempo Royale for the Galatine, it's bunches of fun, but the other stance (forget what it's called) isn't half bad.

As far as building Trin goes, every power value is your friend but, given the effects of Energy Vampire, you don't need to build Efficiency. I generally prioritize Range, then Duration, then Strength, but it really depends on how you want to play her. I build full support Trin with big Range to optimize getting Energy to my teammates, and I build Duration for a melee-focused Trin to get the most out of Link and Blessing.

Many players may expect you to be building "EV Trin", maxed out Range and negative Duration. This isn't the most fun way of doing things, since this kind of build gimps two of Trin's abilities (including her ult) and is basically just for making you into the squad's Energy b*tch. This build is falling out of favor with all but the spammiest of squads, since if you kill the EV target, all the Energy pulses are released at once, removing the need for a negative Duration.

Ya I have seen people want EV Trin... I'll take your advice on it.

What frame should I go for next? What melee and primary should I go for next?

7 hours ago, Zorra_Fox said:

Ya I have seen people want EV Trin... I'll take your advice on it.

What frame should I go for next? What melee and primary should I go for next?

Just like what SenorClipClop said, any weapon would do. Lately I like using a Furax and go on a face punching spree with while having her Link activated at all times... good times...

16 hours ago, ZombieLorde91 said:

Just like what SenorClipClop said, any weapon would do. Lately I like using a Furax and go on a face punching spree with while having her Link activated at all times... good times...

Is Equinox a good frame to go for next?

As Trinity often offers a supportive role among the squad, her damage-availability therefore is comparatively lower.

So I tend to bring some strong dmg weapons with her, just to increase the output to the squad.

Just FYI, I use Daikyu + Staticor + Dex Dakra as her loadout.

Bow to take out heavy units, secondary to clear enemy swarm, melee for blocking imcoming damage.