Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Couple weapon questions for endgame

Lemmyj

Question

Hey guys, 

Looking for some assistance for "endgame". Meaning sorties, level 60+ content, 50+ minutes in defends/survivals, anything and everything. Minus PvP (just not into it yet).

Currently I like the phage, but it seems to have a long ramp up time which sometimes is getting me into trouble. It does decent damage, but I guess is this weapon for the aforementioned things viable? After things hit level 50 my damage just seems to fall off pretty hard. Which could just be from a mod standpoint as I don't have everything leveled up and am not entirely sure what mods I should be using outside of the standard shotgun stuff. Or should I be looking into something else? I know FoTM is more like a Soma Prime or something with a Tigris/Tonkor as far as I've seen. 

Also, what are the current thoughts on dual ichors for the same content? I like the speed of them a lot, range is a little better than I expected, and dem crits. What would be some of the better mod setups for it?

6 answers to this question

this question is redundant we are no where near end game the max rank is 30 we still dont have enough weapons warframes etc to reach it.

to answer your question however

any weapon can do good in sorties/50+ min just mod it right and allways have more then 1 weapon to use. for different situations always mode for different factions you have 3 mod slots for a reason. after modding its just a issue of trail and error find what sutes YOUR play style never look for a cookie cutter build in warframe

Edited by hazerddex

3 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

this question is redundant we are no where near end game the max rank is 30 we still dont have enough weapons warframes etc to reach it.

to answer your question however

any weapon can do good in sorties/50+ min just mod it right and allways have more then 1 weapon to use. for different situations always mode for different factions you have 3 mod slots for a reason. after modding its just a issue of trail and error find what sutes YOUR play style never look for a cookie cutter build in warframe

The question of redundancy is not there, I never said anything about max ranks. There are just straight up going to be builds that work better for the types of weapons that they are versus what someone's "preference" is. I could prefer to use a mod, but if it overall is making my damage trash, that's pointless.

Mods are everything, as ever.

both Phage and Dual Ichor will perfom at those Enemy Levels. there's plenty of other things that are much more Overpowered than they are, but these two will do fine.
what Mods you should use... a mixture of +Damage and Elemental Mods, leaving room for Utility Mods if you feel the need for them on a Weapon.

try different mixtures and see what works for you. all that will never change is having atleast two Elementals to make the appropriate Damage Type for the Enemies you will be facing, and that you'll have +Damage Mods. everything else can change depending on goals with a Weapon.

for Phage, Rate of Fire Mods will help a lot. Utility Mods aren't really desired on this Weapon IMO so they're easy to fit in alongside a bunch of Elementals.
for Dual Ichor, consider a few different mixtures, the usual of Berserker to go with Crits on top of your Damage, the same but with Status, almost the same but a couple things sacrificed to use Blood Rush and Body Count/Drifting Contact (could be nice to have in this situation since Dual Ichor has good Status).

Edited by taiiat

Just now, taiiat said:

Mods are everything, as ever.

both Phage and Dual Ichor will perfom at those Enemy Levels. there's plenty of other things that are much more Overpowered than they are, but these two will do fine.
what Mods you should use... a mixture of +Damage and Elemental Mods, leaving room for Utility Mods if you feel the need for them on a Weapon.

try different mixtures and see what works for you. all that will never change is having atleast two Elementals to make the appropriate Damage Type for the Enemies you will be facing, and that you'll have +Damage Mods. everything else can change depending on goals with a Weapon.

Thank you, that's basically the kind of answer that I was looking for. I think the weapons are fun, but I also don't like being outdamaged and not being able to get lots of kills. Like if they weren't viable weapons for higher content I wouldn't wanna continue with them and waste more forma on them

On 5 November 2016 at 1:05 PM, Lemmyj said:

Thank you, that's basically the kind of answer that I was looking for. I think the weapons are fun, but I also don't like being outdamaged and not being able to get lots of kills. Like if they weren't viable weapons for higher content I wouldn't wanna continue with them and waste more forma on them

there is no reward for getting the most kills in a game when squading up though. 

and getting the most kills on some gametypes in "endgame" is pointless as well.

while modding to the strengths of a weapon and the weaknesses of the enemy is something all tenno should know, warframe abilities in the end are what will take those weapons and you further, especially in the company of others.

i wouldnt worry about the kill tallies at the end. completing the objective should be your first concern. the rest will come later.