Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban and Ivara with Classic Controls

(PSN)axis_0456

Question

4 answers to this question

With the PS4 Classic Controls, you swipe the touch pad to use a power. The problem is that it counts as a click, so I can cycle Vauban's Minelayer ability, but can't actually use it. If I invert the tap/hold, I can use it, but not swap it. Pressing the touchpad in enlarges the map. I like having my Melee as R1 and switching to the new control scheme makes R1 the power menu button. So I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if the classic controls simply do not work with the toggle powers on certain warframes.

Edited by (PS4)axis_0456

Afaik, the only possibility is Costumize controler, i put toggle on cursor to left, unfortunatly, Inaros is 4th, Vaubans is 2nd, Ivara ?, so i made decision to stay with most used Inaros 4th and don ´t used another toggle abilities, could be fixed with DE when toggle abillity will everytime be on same place, for example as 2nd.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

7 hours ago, (PS4)axis_0456 said:

With the PS4 Classic Controls, you swipe the touch pad to use a power. The problem is that it counts as a click, so I can cycle Vauban's Minelayer ability, but can't actually use it. If I invert the tap/hold, I can use it, but not swap it.

The way to do what you want is bind 'activate last power' to a button (which you should do any way IMO).  I put it on R3 so I can quickly recast anything with a thumb click.  Whatever button you chose for this you can use it for the hold side.

After you do this either hold/click behavior will work but I think it is much smoother to have click as cast and hold as switch.  But I generally use one type of mine / arrow for the duration of a mission and which depends on what the mission is.  Sleep arrow for stealth focus farming for example.

Note that the power menu includes an 'activate last power' function.  Depending on which button you choose you may want to just use that since you need to have it bound to activate your focus power any way... unless you bound 'use power E' to a button.  Point being there is some over lap in functionality and a lot of different power factors in this.  You'll have to play around with them and find something that works for you.

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR