Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller crouch, operator mode

gvidzix

Hello,

just wanted to bring to your attention this bug.

When using controller in operator mode you can't crouch (Hold to crouch button), but when using warframe it works, which is weird, but made me play trough most of war within using keyboard and mouse.

yeah i'm having the same problem and now if i use my controller to try activating my Focus Ability it just activates the Operator Mode. I have a slightly unorthodox controller layout but it was working really well before the war within released now its a bit of a pain. not sure why they opted to put that on "5" where the Focus Ability used to be instead of a different key.

You actually... sort of can. You have to rebind croutch-toggle to croutch-hold croutch-hold to croutch-toggle on the controller. Another problem is you can't use Transcendance in the operator missions because the power selector is disabled, you can at least use it in normal missions though..

As is, this needs fixed in some way though. Especially since the guards can show up in normal missions now, and croutch-toggle is unplayable in normal missions.

I don't know why it doesn't just use croutch-hold like bullet jump. Why was the decision made to tie this to croutch-toggle?

EDIT: Fixed.

Edited by Zevlia

Same issue here, but I actually had to unplug my controller for this quest. When switching to the operator, sometimes my keyboard keybinds would get disabled mid fight. I'm sure it's an oversight, but if it could be fixed, it's be appreciated.

Hi everyone, someone said it's fixed, true?

For ''5'' fifth ability I put it on left thumb stick, and it works for me as meant to, holding it activates 5th ability, pushing it summons the operator.

But yeah I have always hated toggle crouch button, since when coptering was a thing, and using toggle crouch breaks all my game (like I just can't play).

So I just messed around with configs, and like previously best solution for this is to use 3rd party program which maps keyboard buttons to controller, and just map ''ctrl'' to your crouch button on controller and this will be your interim fix.

p.s. I have no clue why same option on keyboard works, but on controller only toggle option does, and this is not the first time too (you can check my profile if you wish, I had the same problem before on warframe mode).

20 hours ago, Dreadlok said:

This is definitely something that may warrant concern, seeing as this will be played exclusively with a controller on XB1 and PS4. But then again, the description in Steam for Warframe says "partial controller support".

I can see why you may think like that, and if it truly does happen, it would be well a big flaw on console version of the game.

Yeah partial - I will agree navigating between missions, on liset and starchart with controller is hard, I myself use kb+mouse between missions. Otherwise I have always used controller in Warframe and it has worked very well. The only place where I would consider using kb+mouse for actual gameplay would be pvp.

5 hours ago, gvidzix said:

I can see why you may think like that, and if it truly does happen, it would be well a big flaw on console version of the game.

Yeah partial - I will agree navigating between missions, on liset and starchart with controller is hard, I myself use kb+mouse between missions. Otherwise I have always used controller in Warframe and it has worked very well. The only place where I would consider using kb+mouse for actual gameplay would be pvp.

I'm the same way. I also have to use M/K for the foundry and arsenal, etc. I can only imagine how the controls work on console, cause they surely don't work on PC. Seems a bit off an oversight, but isn't completely game breaking.

Spoiler

But needing to work remaps to use an operator in an alert being raided by big red boogers, is most definitely a game breaker. Can't enjoy the full benefit of using the operator to down them if I have to stop and remap.