The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Runs Slower Than It Should

TwilightSpark

My system isn't that great, it barely passes for average but it gets the job done. I usually play games on all low just to get a consistent frame rate, but warframe lags way more than it should. In comparison this game lags at about the same amount as arma 2 does, and that game is extremely more demanding. 

Win7 Home Premium
Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU U520 @ 1.33GHz ( overclocked )
Ram: 8.00 GB
System type: 64-bit OS
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M

All drivers are up to date, virus free, hardrive defragged and registries cleaned.

Running warframe with everything low at 1366x768 ( lowering it to lowest possible provides a minimal fps boost while making everything look like its played on a ds screen )

FPS for other games in comparison.

Warframe: 25 normal, 5-10 busy

Arma 2 : 20 normal, 5 busy

Guild Wars 2: 40 normal 10 busy

TF2: 70 normal, 30 busy

dota 2 : 60 normal, 20 busy

Leauge of legends: 60 normal 50 busy

Borderlands 2: 50 normal 40 busy ( side note - this game had amazing optimization)

Buddy I think you are due for an upgrade. I have lag issues but thats due to P2P as I stay in South Africa got 4Mb line but I connect to the region EU-West when I play solo its fine but as soon as I join online games its lags so much it seems Im phase stepping,lol

Up to date drivers aren't always the best for older cards, I found that nvidia drivers 320.18 caused a significant drop in FPS with my 470GTX when the number of enemies increased.   Currently using 314.22 and I don't slide show when more than 10 enemies show up.

Holy.... I can already see a huge bottleneck in your system and that is your processor speed. Your videocard also doesnt help much. This game is highly CPU speed dependent. If I put my i7 2600k in base speed (1.6Ghz) It already starts to lag quite badly and won't be able to really host games properly (Putting it up to 3.8GHz or 4.2GHz fixes this easily). And that is a processor with 4 cores (8 threads with hyperthreading). This shows processor speed is very important in this game.

Edited by R3leaZ

Hmm, here I thought it was my GPU. Well i'm stuck with this for awhile, college kid can't afford new toys. Still though, I can get other games that look noticeably more demanding to run better than this, guess its just the bottleneck. Now that I think about it, Planetside 2 has the same problem for me, its rather CPU intensive and I can't play with higher than 20.

dude your cpu is terrible havent had anything that slow since before the millennium

your gpu is so low its unrated

you need to upgrade

this game is one of the best optimized games i have seen as a F2P gamer so its not the game

dropping around 400 dollars is about what you have to do to upgrade your cpu and gpu

however i cant find what socket your i5 is so im just assuming its the standard plug. but with these upgrade your most likely going to need a better power supply so 500 or so.

and with all the S#&$ planetside 2 has going on it has been stated that its problems are in the cpu department and if they could take care of some stuff serverside it would be a more enjoyable game.

dude your cpu is terrible havent had anything that slow since before the millennium

your gpu is so low its unrated

you need to upgrade

this game is one of the best optimized games i have seen as a F2P gamer so its not the game

dropping around 400 dollars is about what you have to do to upgrade your cpu and gpu

however i cant find what socket your i5 is so im just assuming its the standard plug. but with these upgrade your most likely going to need a better power supply so 500 or so.

and with all the S#&$ planetside 2 has going on it has been stated that its problems are in the cpu department and if they could take care of some stuff serverside it would be a more enjoyable game.

His PC is not a PC but a laptop. I think you should have noticed by now so CPU and GPU are not upgradable.

GT335M is a decent mid-range laptop GPU. But his CPU is a low end focused on power saving i5. That processor is not made to power heavy stuff.

Edited by R3leaZ