Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Affinity/credit Boosters Duration By Mission

DSMK2

I don't think the current time-based approach to affinity/credit boosters is correct in Warframe. Regardless of if it's changed to game time or real time, because Warframe, unlike traditional MMORPGs, has a lot of 'downtime'. In my words, Warframe's 'downtime' is when the player is not in a mission, be it looking at the foundry, settings up gear, ranking mods, being in the market, etc.

Whereas in a traditional MMORPG, the player is always 'playing' because the 'mission' is always there as long as he/she is logged in.

Warframe isn't an MMORPG, but an online shooter. And when we're actually playing, we're in a mission. And missions are easily quantifiable compared to an amount of monsters killed within a period. So instead of time based duration for the boosters, could it be changed to per-mission duration? So if the booster has a ten mission duration, completing a mission decreases that duration by one, resulting in the booster being effective for nine more missions.

I'd be willing to spend platinum for boosters if they were done that way, because the duration of the boosters will only decrease when I'm actually playing the game as opposed to ticking away while I'm hanging around the menus or not logged in.

Edited by DSMK2

I don't think the current time-based approach to affinity/credit boosters is correct in Warframe. Regardless of if it's changed to game time or real time, because Warframe, unlike traditional MMORPGs, has a lot of 'downtime'. In my words, Warframe's 'downtime' is when the player is not in a mission, be it looking at the foundry, settings up gear, ranking mods, being in the market, etc.

Whereas in a traditional MMORPG, the player is always 'playing' because the 'mission' is always there as long as he/she is logged in.

Warframe isn't an MMORPG, but an online shooter. And when we're actually playing, we're in a mission. And missions are easily quantifiable compared to an amount of monsters killed within a period. So instead of time based duration for the boosters, could it be changed to per-mission duration? So if the booster has a ten mission duration, completing a mission decreases that duration by one, resulting in the booster being effective for nine more missions.

I'd be willing to spend platinum of boosters if they were done that way, because the duration of the boosters will only decrease when I'm actually playing the game as opposed to ticking away while I'm hanging around the menus.

Agreed! +1

Edited by Mudriski

Using affinity boosters myself, I do feel like I'm in a rush to level up things even when I'm not online or in a misison (to get the most out of my money, of course...). It would really help to have a timer that only counts when logged in or playing a mission. I know 7 days is a long time for a continuous booster, but it does add a stress factor.

I cant really agree on you points, in a traditional mmo kinda game, you cant just keep going to kill things.

Your stuff will wear out, you get full inventory, you need more potions, you need to travel to different places.

And that is not even it all.

Also the downtime is really not alot as you state, do you work with all those things after each other. It pretty mich equalsmto the same amountof downtime as in a traditional mmorpg for me.

And anyway they shouldn't just change the booster, but make 2 variants if anything. I like the way the boosters are right now, but it obviously aint the best for everyone.

1 that will tick down in realtime, and another which is based on your idea. That is probably the best