Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player help - Terminologies and Frost

DageWasTaken

Question

First off, I'm trying to get Continuity mod, but checking the wiki it says it has a 9% drop rate in T3 Defense missions - Rotation C. What does T3 and Rotation C mean?

Also, since I'm already asking; I just got Frost and I'm absolutely in love with this frame. Aesthetically, he looks amazing but skill-wise he's just as good, if not more. I just love this Frame to the moon and back.

I obviously do not have the prime version, but since this is all I have, is it worth to use Forma on Frost? Will he aid me against more difficult challenges ahead? And if I am to build him up, what mods will he be needing? Power Efficiency + Power Range + Armor?

Thank you!

6 answers to this question

I can give you Continuity for free. I just checked - I don't have any of these -_-

T3 is an outdated Tier 3 void, must be the missions around lvl 25. Rotations are the reward pools in endless missions. You get a reward every 5 waves in defence, 5 minutes in survival, each extractor in excavation or every round in interception. Rotations go as A, A, B and C, and then they repeat.

Frost Prime will get unvaulted eventually, so you have chances to get him without spending plat. I don't usually put formas in non-primed frames.

Well, here's my build. I only take Frost in defence and mobile defence missions, so I need a cheap and powerful globe. Avalanche also clears low-to-mid level enemies.

FKwhn.jpg

Edited by Suncake

'T3' or 'Tier 3' refers to any Defence mission with an average enemy level >25. You can find a full list here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Defence

EDIT: 'Rotations' are a thing in all endless missions: Every 5 defence waves / 5 minutes in survival / 1 excavator in excavation / 1 round of interception you get a reward. The first and second rewards are drawn from the 'rotation A' reward pool, the third reward comes from the 'rotation B' pool and the fourth from 'rotation C'. Then the pattern loops back around, hence the name. Basically, this means you have to get to wave 20 for a shot at Continuity, and could stick around until wave 40 (good luck!) if you wanted to have a second shot at it in the same run.

As for whether or not to forma Frost, well, that depends on A: how much spare forma you have and B: how much you feel you need it right now. If it's your only forma I might hold off – it's been heavily insinuated and/or leaked that Frost Prime will become available again before the end of the year, so you may be in luck.

Edited by TheJadrimian

3 minutes ago, DageWasTaken said:

First off, I'm trying to get Continuity mod, but checking the wiki it says it has a 9% drop rate in T3 Defense missions - Rotation C. What does T3 and Rotation C mean?

Also, since I'm already asking; I just got Frost and I'm absolutely in love with this frame. Aesthetically, he looks amazing but skill-wise he's just as good, if not more. I just love this Frame to the moon and back.

I obviously do not have the prime version, but since this is all I have, is it worth to use Forma on Frost? Will he aid me against more difficult challenges ahead? And if I am to build him up, what mods will he be needing? Power Efficiency + Power Range + Armor?

Thank you!

t3 defense rotation C refers to the old void mechanic.
You should be asking some high level player to gift you one, I have plenty of them but I can't say where do they drop.
Frost is a great frame, it can be built in many different ways, depening on the team you are going to play with.
I suggest looking for general builds on yt and especially how to stack snow globes.

Each endless mission (interception, survival, defence, excavation) gives you reward every round, 5 minutes, 5 waves, 100 cryotic respectively. Each of those intervals if called a rotation. The rotation go in this order: A, A, B, C, which means that you will get a reward from the rotation C pool after 4 rounds/20 minutes/20waves/400 cryotic etc.

Frost Prime is supposed to be unvaulted this year for a time, so in your place I would hold off with the Forma until then.

As for the Continuity mod, find me in game, I should have a few spares :) Unless, of course, you really want to farm them up yourself :)

Thank you very much. I understand now.

I really appreciate the offer for the free mod, but I'll have to pass on them. I want to feel the grind. But thank you very much again.

EDIT: I will look forward to getting Frost Prime, if ever. 

Edited by DageWasTaken