The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators feel out of place (Spoilers, obviously)

Dogefighter

So TWW added the ability for us to bring out our operators and use one of four token abilities in combat:
-The invisibility, which is handy, but drains fast
-The teleport, which you spam three times and then run out of energy
-The void laser thing, which does okay at best damage and drains quickly
-The void melee, which is easily the least useful of the bunch

Problem is, none of these are better in any way than just using your frame.  You could argue that invisibility is good for spies, but there are also frames who exist to do that.  You could argue that the teleport is nice, but frankly you could just jump over with much the same effect.  Really, the abilities were only useful in the quest, where they played a key part in the final fight.  Operators as a whole need a once-over.

So, in order to avoid a wall of text, let's just list the issues:
-The void beam doesn't do anything special
-Your energy drains way too fast to do anything really fun
-Most of the abilities feel out of place in normal levels
-Your operator isn't very fast, which defeats the point of playing WF
-The operator has basically no health
-The operator can respawn from the frame instantly, negating any consequence
-If the operator gets caught, they're basically screwed
-We see transference as a mechanic in the quest, but now we can only transfer in and out of frames
-The operator is supposed to be frail but incredibly powerful, but is presently just frail
-There doesn't seem to be a purpose, other than fighting a handful of enemies

TL;DR:  Operators are cool, but there's really no reason to use them regularly.  I'd love to see this developed more, maybe give them a skill tree or something to make each operator more unique, but right now they're just not too useful.

Um...about the operator respawning from the frame instantly without consequence upon death...

Your frame loses all of its energy when that happens, so yeah, there are pretty big consequences if you ask me.
It's the single thing that prevents me from ever going out of my warframe, because if i die (which isn't hard with 100 health, 0 armor and 0 shield, literally anything one shots you instantly) i lose 100% of my energy. It has consequences, it's even overpunishing given how weak it is to use in the 1st place if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, Arvenski said:

I think the Operators should at least be allowed to carry a secondary weapon. I mean, void powers are nice, but if I'm personally (meaning, not using my warframe) going into an area full of people who want to kill me, at least give me a pistol. :P

I think they should improve the laser instead. Make it have the same effect as your school's power for exemple. Turn enemies to stone, deal more damage, heal allies and such.
Same for the knockback (with an increase in base range as well).

3 minutes ago, Nagasadri said:

Um...about the operator respawning from the frame instantly without consequence upon death...

Your frame loses all of its energy when that happens, so yeah, there are pretty big consequences if you ask me.
It's the single thing that prevents me from ever going out of my warframe, because if i die (which isn't hard with 100 health, 0 armor and 0 shield, literally anything one shots you instantly) i lose 100% of my energy. It has consequences, it's even overpunishing given how weak it is to use in the 1st place if you ask me.

You're forgetting that is also permanently reduces a % of your max health until your operator gets a kill and returns to your warframe without dying, and dispels all buffs currently on your frame. 

21 hours ago, Nagasadri said:

I think they should improve the laser instead. Make it have the same effect as your school's power for exemple. Turn enemies to stone, deal more damage, heal allies and such.
Same for the knockback (with an increase in base range as well).

What about naramon users? We just shoot waves after intervals of 5 seconds on a crowd?

The operators feel like they're just a staging ground right now. The next step for the future. I'm betting that the reason they haven't touched the Focus system since it launched is because they're going to completely rework it to work with the Operator now. The whole thing feels like they were testing the waters with Second Dream to see how we'd react to the Operator in general, and now they're moving on to the next step.

I'd love to see in the future missions that make use of both the Operator and the Warframes, each complimenting each other.

3 minutes ago, Synitare said:

The operators feel like they're just a staging ground right now. The next step for the future. I'm betting that the reason they haven't touched the Focus system since it launched is because they're going to completely rework it to work with the Operator now. The whole thing feels like they were testing the waters with Second Dream to see how we'd react to the Operator in general, and now they're moving on to the next step.

I'd love to see in the future missions that make use of both the Operator and the Warframes, each complimenting each other.

Done right, this would be awesome. I'd like to see the focus system attached to the operator, rather than the frame. It would make sense and open doors for balance between the op and frame.