Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TWW Riven Mods shouldn't be tradeable after they're cycled back to Veiled

CorrinAvatan

I just tested this with a friend, but we only did it 3 times

I got a mod, it was for Grinlok.  I re-rolled it back to a Veiled mod (it just said "Rifle Riven Mod), and traded it to my friend.

He unlocks it, it's for Grinlok again.  He cycles it back to a Veiled mod, traded to me.

I unlock it.  Again, Grinlok.

I think the odds of this are astronomically low, and can only assume that the mod is FOREVER locked to the Grinlok.

However, when we traded, we had no way of knowing in-game that the mod had already been "locked" to a specific weapon.  This means people buying NEW veiled Riven mods, might have been sold mods that are already locked to a specific weapon.  The buyer is hoping for a riven mod that might roll into ANY weapon, but the seller is actually getting rid of a mod for what they might think is a completely useless weapon.

I think the game should not allow trading of Rifle Riven Mods, or if it has been "unveiled" already, it should indicate what the weapon it is locked to, is.

Edited by CorrinAvatan

I agree with the indicator of weapon type for rerolled mods, and some indication of next reroll cost. Currently it would be way, WAY too easy for someone to scam someone by cycling a mod and then selling it as a random "veiled" mod. Buyer beware, sure, but there is no way in this case for a buyer to actually do their due diligence when purchasing a Riven mod from someone. Even with imprints you can inspect them. Riven mods have no indicator whatsoever.

edit: OTOH, the minor neat-freak in me would be annoyed if I finally rolled stats I liked and then was stuck with some silly "+4" on the mod, forever. You can't just reset the roll cost though, because then you'd have trading exploits to keep costs down.

Edited by Crusyx
minor afterthought

4 minutes ago, Crusyx said:

edit: OTOH, the minor neat-freak in me would be annoyed if I finally rolled stats I liked and then was stuck with some silly "+4" on the mod, forever. You can't just reset the roll cost though, because then you'd have trading exploits to keep costs down.

This is why I think the costs should be flat (1200) or decay over time.

Heh, I'd be fine if you could just throw a forma at it to reduce it by some amount. That's just an off-hand thought, though. I haven't considered any of the potential balance issues. Capped could be fine, but 1200 is too close to the 900 to make it any sort of deterrent for constant rerolling. Decay could be interesting, but at the rates I'd expect to see in a F2P game, it'd probably be easier just to find more mods.

4 hours ago, Crusyx said:

Heh, I'd be fine if you could just throw a forma at it to reduce it by some amount. That's just an off-hand thought, though. I haven't considered any of the potential balance issues. Capped could be fine, but 1200 is too close to the 900 to make it any sort of deterrent for constant rerolling. Decay could be interesting, but at the rates I'd expect to see in a F2P game, it'd probably be easier just to find more mods.

Easiest way to denote that the mod has already been unlocked is just a different color: purple for completely unknown, Hunter Orange for unlocked.