Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Purchasing

Asura_Echo

Who would agree with me that it would be convenient if we could purchase platinum with in game credits as well as actually money? It could be incredibly expensive when using in game credits but it could still save us some money.

You don't really need Platinum in-game though. It's more of an easy way to items. Aside from some cosmetic items and equipment slots, everything else can be earned from playing.

It would be nice to purchase equipment slots, with credits. It's not really needed though.

Edited by UltimaHiryuu

• 2 weeks later...

I suggested the free trade credit-platinum market before, rather than just buying plat for credits from DE. It would be like the one in Spiral Knights, where having credits actually drives sales of platinum. The secret is for the devs to make enough of a credit sink that plat buyers would want to buy credits with their plat. Oh, it's quite a good little player driven market (it's not trading, it's like a foreign currency exchange market in the real world, but with credits and plat).

By doing that, DE won't have to perfect the number of plats you'd get for credits. The market would regulate it.

Edited by gell

The whole point of a free to play game is to not spend money, I don't want to spend any money on the Platinum.

Then you need to have convience. This isnt charity. You either have the patience or the money.

If you dont havent those things, well, F2P isnt your game I guess.

Just because you dont want to pay doesnt mean they should throw the stuff at you for nothing....

The whole point of a free to play game is to not spend money, I don't want to spend any money on the Platinum.

No-one forces you to buy Platinum. You're free to not pay and still play the game.

Things that are Platinum-only are just for the looks and have no impact on the game other than style btw.

Rest can be obtained without Platinum. 

It's a time vs money thing. Also I'd like to point out that there's no "win" in this Co-Op game. (Just saying)

To be honest though, pretty much everyone is sitting on a mountain of creds with nothing to spend it on. If there are no plans for a cred>plat conversion then at least make some of the smaller stuff cost creds. (even if it's a ton at that).

I mean, I really really want the new sentinel parts but I'm not shelling out even more real money for them. I don't see any reason why those shouldn't be creds. Make each part 100k each, that's fine, keep it grindy, just give me a chance at least.

Frames and weapons plat only, I can understand. Cosmetics and colors, yeah no reason at all in my mind not to have those be obtainable without plat.

Then you need to have convience. This isnt charity. You either have the patience or the money.

If you dont havent those things, well, F2P isnt your game I guess.

Just because you dont want to pay doesnt mean they should throw the stuff at you for nothing....

I don't have a problem waiting, you must not play the game very much. There are a lot of like little weapons and upgrades to your sentinels that are good but require you to buy them using platinum, i.e. you can wait all you want, you still won't have them, that really isn't all that free to play.

I don't have a problem waiting, you must not play the game very much. There are a lot of like little weapons and upgrades to your sentinels that are good but require you to buy them using platinum, i.e. you can wait all you want, you still won't have them, that really isn't all that free to play.

Every weapon in the game is available through the purchase of blueprints with credits, and the items that aren't are not available to purchase with platinum either.  The only exception to this is the stalker pack, but even those parts are obtainable through random play.  The only plat exclusive items are color pallets and sentinel accessories which add nothing to the gameplay are purely there for cosmetic reasons.

You don't really need Platinum in-game though. It's more of an easy way to items. Aside from some cosmetic items and equipment slots, everything else can be earned from playing.

That's like comparing a month-long hike up to the top of a mountain to just taking a teleporter there. You should be able to buy convenience, but it shouldn't be as hard to get without paying for it.

To be honest though, pretty much everyone is sitting on a mountain of creds with nothing to spend it on.

I'm one of those people that never has more than 30k credits at any given time. I've got hundreds of hours into the game but there's just too much to spend it on.

That's like comparing a month-long hike up to the top of a mountain to just taking a teleporter there. You should be able to buy convenience, but it shouldn't be as hard to get without paying for it.

I'm one of those people that never has more than 30k credits at any given time. I've got hundreds of hours into the game but there's just too much to spend it on.

really? You should get some T3 keys (farm at like xini or something) and you'll be rolling in cash in no time.

I can only go by my own experience. All of my friends who started playing six or seven months ago are sitting on millions of credits. I mean hell, I've been buying/build/leveling every single thing I can and I'm still holding on at 335k. (and that's after an account reset).

And how would the people at DE be paid then? With credits? How would that cover their mortgage?

The whole idea behind F2P is that you can play the game, get (almost) everything and don't have to pay for it. There are things that make a) life easier (rushing things, buying catalysts/forma, etc.), b) add fun (cosmetic/color packs, etc.) or c) make you win (not present in this game, there are no pay2win items here).

But if you disagree that people need to earn money, I'll hire you for my company for sure and won't pay you. Most people like to earn money though while working (which is what the people at DE are doing while they provide us this game).

Oh so cosmetics are now "upgrades"?

Please. This joke cant be real.....

There is nothing for a sentinel that upgrades it and is not obtainable via ingame.

You should check your infos before making false assumptions....