Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bow Reload Animation Speed Bug

Gelkor

Prior to the War Within, the animation of pulling an arrow from the quiver would speed up to match your reload speed so that the animation of pulling out an arrow and drawing the string matched the time it took to charge the bow. Now the animation of pulling out the arrow is static no matter the speed of your weapon, you will have charged the weapon completely before you even finish pulling out the arrow. 

As someone who really relies on that animation feedback to know when to fire instead of trying to see the charge symbol on my reticle, it's very jarring to not have that now.

Update:

I've made some video/gif demonstrating what I'm talking about:

Before TWW: Watch the right arm grabbing the arrow from the quiver, matching reload and charge speed.

Spoiler

After: Same right arm, much slower, not matching up to charge speed.

Spoiler

Edited by Gelkor
Added images.

Just now, CaptainDavian said:

Really annoying bug. Takes all the joy of using bows

At least someone else notices this. One of my friends didn't realize it was happening only that bow's felt "off" after the TWW. Once I told him what it was he couldn't not see it. It really throws off timing. 

Just now, Gelkor said:

At least someone else notices this. One of my friends didn't realize it was happening only that bow's felt "off" after the TWW. Once I told him what it was he couldn't not see it. It really throws off timing. 

I haven't used my bows for a while until i got the new cernos prime and then i realised something is really wrong. I hope they fix it asap.

This bug is pretty off-putting.

It also seems to prevent me from canceling a drawback (by pressing Reload) until the actual charge animation has started, which has caused me to shoot a lot of arrows by accident due to my bow habits. I assume this is happening because you're stuck in the reloading animation longer than usual, and there's some behavior where you're not allowed to use any function tied to the Reload key until you're out of the reloading animation.

Just saw this thread after doing some reload speed tests yesterday on my Dread and realising there was a huge desync.

I could fire an arrow while it was not in the bow and my hand is still bringing it midair.

My friend always waited for the animation to finish, which slowed his kill time considerably during the mission. I told him to forget about the animation and just shoot the arrow ASAP as soon the charge reticle allowed.

It looks very wrong but that's DE for you :)

Edited by Hadronox