The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Mods hurting the science of modding

Skiddybike81273

7 hours ago, armedpoop said:

I cant see how people can still use the "weaker weapons become viable now" argument  when Riven mods exist for top tier weapons like Tonkor. Its like you are just ignoring that broken Tonkor mod up there lol

How? Easy.

+6984984% Crit Chance/Damage for Tonkor doesn't make ANY difference whatsoever. You already can do, like, 3 days long survival with Tonkor without breaking a sweat. With a Riven mod Tonkor will be just the same portable nuke as it always were.

But there's a ton of weapons that are fun to use, but underwhelming in performance.

As soon as I get a Riven mod for Tiberon, I'm gonna reroll the Hek out of it to make the weapon Sortie-worthy.

7 minutes ago, WindigoTP said:

How? Easy.

+6984984% Crit Chance/Damage for Tonkor doesn't make ANY difference whatsoever. You already can do, like, 3 days long survival with Tonkor without breaking a sweat. With a Riven mod Tonkor will be just the same portable nuke as it always were.

But there's a ton of weapons that are fun to use, but underwhelming in performance.

As soon as I get a Riven mod for Tiberon, I'm gonna reroll the Hek out of it to make the weapon Sortie-worthy.

Thats great, Riven mods should only be for those kinds of weapons, like they said in the dev workshop, not for the top tier things. I dont need to explain why thats the case tho, do I?

44 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

Thats great, Riven mods should only be for those kinds of weapons, like they said in the dev workshop, not for the top tier things. I dont need to explain why thats the case tho, do I?

Well, you may try if you want to. I consider myself open-minded enough to leasten to a compelling argument and admit if I'm wrong.

However, as of now my opinion stands as follow: Riven mods on top-tier weapons does not change anything. If people want to go out of they way to make their OP boomsticks any more OP - more power to them, for I won't be able to tell the difference between how many digits on their weapon's stats the person next to me has. I can get some conserns about DE beginning to balance the game around Riven'ed Tonkors and such. But for that the inconceivable must happen - DE must begin to balance the game.

Edited by WindigoTP

1 hour ago, WindigoTP said:

Well, you may try if you want to. I consider myself open-minded enough to leasten to a compelling argument and admit if I'm wrong.

However, as of now my opinion stands as follow: Riven mods on top-tier weapons does not change anything. If people want to go out of they way to make their OP boomsticks any more OP - more power to them, for I won't be able to tell the difference between how many digits on their weapon's stats the person next to me has. I can get some conserns about DE beginning to balance the game around Riven'ed Tonkors and such. But for that the inconceivable must happen - DE must begin to balance the game.

Fair enough. I have no issue with OP weapons getting Riven mods as long as they dont start to balance the game around it. Though, you are going to have plenty of others argue that "theres no point to using anything besides (OP weapon) + Riven mod!" Which they already make now. Like I said, I could care less until they start balancing the game around RNG boosted power levels.

Im honestly excited to try and get a riven for my Karak, its such an OK weapon that is fun to use. 

45 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Riven mod braton : +dmg +crit +status 

Meh.... Still a bad weapon....

Riven mod braton : +50m AOE radius

OMG!!! MLG 720NOScope XXX LEETHAXOR PRO WEAPON!!!!!!

You can use it on the prime variant too you know? Braton P is not at all bad.

One thing i knew about warframe is that hey i see this mod, i see this warframe, i can work towards it, i can get it and it will have the same stats as everybody else.
Count me in the dissapointed team, i don't even care even if i roll something super awesome, i know that rng behind rng and another rng is not my thing.
I will propably wait and see what happens because i play on console and things may change when we get the build which i highly doubt but hey.. 

11 hours ago, Skiddybike81273 said:

I just want to say that the reason that I don't agree with this system is that we as players have no control over what the mod give us also it rewards luck not skill or time invested

Yeah because farming Riven Mods doesnt take Time or Skill... lol.

The system is good, its the first step in the right direction (melee mods next pls) and complaining about RNG in a game that is... well, full of RNG is just weird and seems off. They are locked to a certain Weapon, so i dont see how this would unbalance anything, it just adds some more Power to Weapons, mostly weapons that need more anyways, sometimes in lucky cases weapons that already are OP. The bigger problem is that those minmaxing people that "absolutely need" the best of the best for whatever reason (be it to compensate or what not, i dont judge) will cry because they roll a bad roll or cant/dont want to afford to buy them with Plat. I had a really bad roll myself for the Vectis which i dont even own, so yeah.

12 hours ago, Skiddybike81273 said:

When I first got these mods I was super interested in how they may work but after learning tat they are totally RNG I'm very disappointed as it destroys all balance related to weapons. I have started this thread to as the community to help come up with a more balanced alternative to this new system as warframe has always been a game about consistent numbers now  these mods throw it all out the window and puts RNG in a place it should not be, I personally feel this is not a healthy direction for the game and player base as effects more than just the damage system but also trade chat and player progression through the game. Please let us come together as a community to help fix this issue as the longer it stays in the game the worse it will get.

This way can make mediocre-bad weapons turn into high-end weapons.  I think its ok. Just limit/balance RNG for true high-end weapons not getting so many buffs.

Gut feeling I think this is not the right direction for the game and doesn’t seem to follow the idea of removing mandatory power mods.

I like the premise of the idea, but not the execution.

Personally I think it should have been limited to the low, beginner weapons to see how this would affect the game and it’s player base.

Time will tell if DE has made a massive F$%k up or implemented a quirky MOD roulette system for people to sink their time into.