Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a way to disable the new features-slideshow on the launcher?

Jeloxale

Question

I find it extremely irritating that when I open the launcher and not immediately launch the game I'll start hearing loud noises. They come from the launcher automatically going trough new content, prime access and patch notes on a timer, repeating once it finishes. The sound is loud and unbearable at most cases. Is there a way to disable the slideshow or at least the sound? Don't tell me about manually muting it trough speakers, because that shouldn't be how it's done.

5 answers to this question

Patching the game took me 24 hours. With a noisy launcher. Couldn't listen to music or play other things without that "Frrrrt. Frrrrrt." every seven or eight seconds.

DE, please. This is as bad as an auto-playing video on a website. It is sound effects that people are unlikely to want and yet have no way of disabling without muting their speakers - or learning how to go into the volume mixer to specifically mute Warframe. Is that really what you want?

3 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Patching the game took me 24 hours. With a noisy launcher. Couldn't listen to music or play other things without that "Frrrrt. Frrrrrt." every seven or eight seconds.

DE, please. This is as bad as an auto-playing video on a website. It is sound effects that people are unlikely to want and yet have no way of disabling without muting their speakers - or learning how to go into the volume mixer to specifically mute Warframe. Is that really what you want?

you can disable the sound in the task bar. that's how I survived the 1 hour download >.>