Current iteration of Melee obviously favors the players that primarily uses guns with occasional quick melee. The removal of quick melee to automatically equip melee makes the transition from gun to melee smooth. Previous system didn't allow this hence why gun users stick with their guns more than mixing up with melee. In the eyes of those players, the new Melee system is a step forward.
But for those who primarily use melee, this system is not a step forward. Reasons below:
- No manual blocking (making some mods and builds lost functionality)
- No aimgliding while in melee (loss of FOV, no blocking while in air)
- Executing block combo is hard (have to time it really close melee attack to start the execution)
So, to make the upcoming Melee 3.0 system to be friendly to melee mains as much as gun mains, here are some suggestions:
- Bring back "hold F for full melee" if possible
- Bring back manual blocking (not for melee only loadout like now) and assign it to R (clashes with gun reload so when pressing gun fire, either the gun auto reload because not having any bullets, or you fire a bullet which brings out the gun then pressing R will reload)
- Allow full button customization (so us melee mains can rebound keys as we prefer, like mouse left click for melee attack, mouse right click to blocking and R for either gun fire or gun aim)
Hope these suggestions reach your interest in making melee gameplay smooth for both gunblazers and bladeswingers.