Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Venom Bug

Atmoz

As you can tell by the title its about a bug. so at rank 2 venom blobs will be incredibly large and easy to hit. and when they pop the surrounding enemies will also have large blobs, pretty good right? in my experience, when you level it to rank 3 the blobs decrease back to the size they are in rank 1. and when hit. the blobs splash correctly but, will sometimes not even show up on the infected target. don't know if its just me but its bothering me alot and i was wondering if you guys could look into it,

your aim is crap never happened to me...

Saryn 30

so my aim affects if the blobs show up on the enemies after getting splashed on, and are showing damage. yeah that makes sense e_e

Quick guide to own as Saryn

Step 1. Equip deth cube with max fire rate, split chamber, and possibly puncture mods.

Step 2. Use weapons very good a spreading poison. The two best IMHO are the grakata with near max rank puncture and max split chamber or the torid. 

Step 3. Equip max stretch, continuity, focus and venom

Optional Step 4. Play with a vauban and demand lots of vortexes. Just put a molt somewhere near vortex town and make Xini your $#*(@. This also works on the other factions with a little creativity and practice. This makes spreading venom super cup cake easy mode and also makes the torid (or anything with puncture) amazing.

Optional Step 5. If there is an ember in the group, demand all of teh fireballs in the vortex due to the fire dot doing full duration on all mobs in the vortex. Does a surprising amount of damage.

Step 6. Profit.

Keep venom at rank 3, I believe that the difference between the ranks is the number of pods per cast and the damage those pods do. It has been awhile since I've used a rank 2 venom so I may be mistaken. 

Venom is a very underrated ability. It can do $&*&*#(%& damage and is an ability the entire team can contribute towards. BLOOM BOMBS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dipstick

Dipstick, on 01 Jul 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Step 2. Use weapons very good a spreading poison. The two best IMHO are the grakata with near max rank puncture and max split chamber or the torid.

Great post, but I'd like to recommend you add in Flux Rifle with puncture. No spread, and pinpoint accuracy. I turn Venom into a green nova of doom on Xini ^_~

Great post, but I'd like to recommend you add in Flux Rifle with puncture. No spread, and pinpoint accuracy. I turn Venom into a green nova of doom on Xini ^_~

Which is presented in the video above. 

Also you don't want Vortex. You need Vaubans, yeah, but for Bastille. Also Ignis is even better than Flux for detonating the Venom pods because of its bigger hitbox, but I prefer Flux Rifle because of more range and armor ignoring damage. 100% stagger is also nice.

While it's nice that we can all jump on the OP for not using the right weapons etc. the post was about Venom's issues.

Even with a rework, even in the state it is now @ Rank 3 you can easily fail to hit a blob without a puncture mod. It also makes little sense that the size gets larger from R1 -> R2 but then suddenly gets smaller @ R3.

Now depending on the target you Venom at R3 you often find it takes several casts or spray and pray to actual proc an explosion.

I'd say the easy targets are generally the smaller ones, where the size of the blob can "poke" out of the critter model and actually register a hit:

1) Infested Chargers/Leapers

2) Corpus Shield Ospreys

3) Any light Grineer

of course the difficult targets are the large ones, (Infested Ancients often have unproccable Venoms).

Yeah having a puncture mode makes it work a lot better, but telling someone that they need a puncture mod to make an ability work reliably doesn't reflect well on the ability. Despite all the changes, it's still unreliable, often frustrating, and needs specific weapon types to make it workable.

Despite all that, Venom has suddenly become the best T1 ability hands down, and replaces Miasma when the defense waves pass 20 and your team will let you get an explosion going. Given the even shorter range of Miasma since last patch it was probably worth the trade.

Still.. it's still an extremely rough ability, and I'd like to see some fixes for consistency (Spore size) and reliability.

• 3 weeks later...

The hitbox on venom has been a problem for a while now and it would be great to see it fixed.  The spores definitely do seem to get bigger with more stacks like Acertorix says although lag seems to effect this quite a bit (and venom spread in general).