Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me Please, Port Issue Problem Won't Fix.

Capt.Lolz

Question

Hello fellow gamers, I wanted to ask if one of you could maybe make a video on how to fix the Port problem, I can't seem to fix it at all, no matter what method I tried, it just won't fix, please help, and if you can make a video or do know a good one, put it below so I can see and fix my port! Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

If the port issue is preventing you from playing the game at all and you have properly forwarded the ports, turn your firewall off and stick your IP in the DMZ on your router and see if that resolves the issue. If it doesn't, call your ISP and ask them why you can't connect on those specific ports.

If you're trying to play at work or school, or anywhere with a firewall you don't control that could possibly handle sensitive data, it's likely that you are screwed. You can use UltraSurf or something like FixMyLag, but if you do, don't do that at work, because they will probably fire you.

Edited by iamSippyCup

Do Not turn off any firewall, that is akin to leaving you door wide open

Some routers don't work with this game and only option is to use DMZ, but you will need a good software firewall to protect it as using DMZ by passes your router/modems firewall

Do Not turn off any firewall, that is akin to leaving you door wide open

Some routers don't work with this game and only option is to use DMZ, but you will need a good software firewall to protect it as using DMZ by passes your router/modems firewall

Oh my god, if you wanna be that pedantic, use my above advice only for testing purposes.

NB, I have no AV, no firewall and I just port-forward through my router. I have never had a virus, never had malware, never lost my bank details. http://www.infoworld.com/d/security/why-you-dont-need-firewall-193153?page=0,1'>If you're smart, you don't need it.

Edited by iamSippyCup

Hello there mate ! 

Had the same problem myself.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55447-strict-nat-problem/

Erm none of this is really helping, a video would be the best, words just confuse me further. But it is not such a big issue, as when I relog, the contacts will start loading up even though there is this issue. But a video of this would still help!

Erm none of this is really helping, a video would be the best, words just confuse me further. But it is not such a big issue, as when I relog, the contacts will start loading up even though there is this issue. But a video of this would still help!

There are numerous different fixes for different problems. As you don't actually know what your problem is, neither can we. You need to do some troubleshooting to figure out the root cause, then we can help you or direct you to a video. At the moment it could be a misconfigured firewall, your router messing with the connection, your ISP throttling traffic as mine does or maybe your connection is just too slow and is causing issues. 

To which the fixes would be reconfigure or turn off your firewall, reconfigure or bypass your router, or get a new ISP. If you don't actually understand what I mean by those fixes, it's better if you don't mess with them. Even with a video, that video will show a fix for one firewall or one router, not necessarily for yours.

Edited by iamSippyCup