Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Move to Places Faster

Sheep

So, I've been playing around with my character for awhile trying to discover new maneuvers and I figured out a way to jump higher, dodge better, and move to places more quickly (than normal running) and efficiently, all in one combination move.

Here's what you do:

Hold a direction key (W,A,S,D until the very end), hold Shift, and as soon as you start running, press and hold crouch (keep holding direction key), then jump almost instantaenously right after (keep holding direction key, but you can let go of everything else). The holding of the direction key will allow your character to tumble right after the jump so that your movement flows into your movement instead of stopping in the middle of it.

This whole move allows you to use only half of your stamina and recharge while you're still moving around.

To summarize:

Hold direction key -> hold Shift -> hold crouch -> press Space (jump) right away -> let go of everything except the direction key -> (tumbling in progress) -> press and hold Shift again to repeat the process

Hope that helps and tell me what you guys think. Thanks.

Edited by Sheep

I'm not actually sure if this would make you move faster (compared with someone straight sprinting) although it could be possible as it does keep your sprint meter balanced without using it all up by simply sprinting.

This has been discussed in other threads but it would be cool to add some more variations into the sprint, (ctrl) slide, jump/sword combos. Having these movement options is already wicked and having more variations would open up even more possibilities and great combinations. One option would be while sliding (sprint + crouch) you could press V or double tap sprint (shift) which normally does the roll. This would allow for new combinations of movement in addition to the running slide, running slide jump, and running slide sword attack. Therefore, all your normal options (shoot, jump, sword attack, roll) are also modified options while sliding (shift+ctrl).

There is also the sprinting jump and fire which has your warframe shooting in the air superman style which should create some more movement/acrobatic combinations.

Edited by BigLou

It is a bit faster than just sprinting. It also jumps about 40% higher than only with Sprint + Jump. You can jump unto places you never could without it... not sure if jumping on things will actually help you in any way, though. Haha

And your idea sounds great. More versatility in the use of our keys. :)

Edited by Sheep