Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Become The Stalker

OcelotVampire

Hello.. I touched on this in some1 else's thread, but I think this should have it's own topic. Basically the idea is this. You would get a stalker key either from defence mission rewards, login or void runs. Once this key is crafted, it will allow you to invade other players missions as a stalker (with your current frame). Can only be used once per crafted key. Lower lvl planets would be off limits like Mercury and Venus.

I don't think the player who is the stalker should drop anything from his/her inventory, nore should killing the poor victim net you a reward from that player. Infact I'm not sure what the reward should be. Maybe could be random blueprints of anythig in the game but the primes.

Now this could be really tough as the stalker to kill a full group of 4 so maybe the target should just be the host. Would also be neat if you could type out a few creepy msgs as you're joining, in the same manner as the stalker does. 

Thanks for reading. :)

hmmm... i would love the idea of invasion but. you see Frost with maxed redirection is dying in less than 2 second to fully upgraded braton (catalyst 5 formas). mind you that braton is a generic weapon and bullet have no travel time. which means i point - someone dies.

this game is pve game.

Why did you even open another thread about it?

Also there are reasons why the player with his own frame should not participate - Which is all discussed in the link given by Shion963.

I like the idea. However the invading Stalker would have to have the standard pre-set Stalker gear.

If you think this unfair - I am always being invaded by the Stalker when my Warframe is rank 1 - 20.

But my team makes up for it.

About PvP and PvE:

I already had suspicions that DE staff is sometimes playing as the Stalker though.

- Sometimes the Stalker would just fight against mobs and stand around, playing the bullet sponge.

- On rare occassions, he ignores mobs, wallruns, leaps, evades and do other incredible maneuvers.

So it wouldn't be too different having players taking over the Stalker. But like in Demons Souls/ Dark Souls, the invading party should be at least one  rank lower than the host.

Edited by Kasamoto

Well doing a search for the word "stalker" bought up many threads. Didn't see yours. A good idea is still a good idea no? They are very similar and would be a great way to add alittle PVP to the game. Doesn't matter of the imbalances in frames. That we'll leave up to DE to tweak. Or like you suggested in your thread to make an actual stalker frame that woulnd't be too OP. 

To all the negetive nancys. Without change something sleeps inside us. Someday the sleeper shal awaken. They already mentioned that this game engine can support 4 vrs 4 gameplay. So they must already have plans to introduce larger scale PVP. So this game isn't going to stay 100% PVE. We already have dojo duels, as imbalanced as the frames/weapons are. Why not alittle more? Can always just set your game option to private or solo. Which would stop players from entering your game.

Well doing a search for the word "stalker" bought up many threads. Didn't see yours. A good idea is still a good idea no? They are very similar and would be a great way to add alittle PVP to the game. Doesn't matter of the imbalances in frames. That we'll leave up to DE to tweak. Or like you suggested in your thread to make an actual stalker frame that woulnd't be too OP. 

To all the negetive nancys. Without change something sleeps inside us. Someday the sleeper shal awaken. They already mentioned that this game engine can support 4 vrs 4 gameplay. So they must already have plans to introduce larger scale PVP. So this game isn't going to stay 100% PVE. We already have dojo duels, as imbalanced as the frames/weapons are. Why not alittle more? Can always just set your game option to private or solo. Which would stop players from entering your game.

Dojo dueling is training, that's what it's meant to be. If it becomes something more, that's fine, but please don't ask for more PvP support right now. PvE should be fixed, polished, and able to reflect a black hole's light before any more PvP should be worked on.

(sidenote, I have the suspicion I misread your post, or misunderstood. If I did, I apologize, I had a long night and a short sleep)