Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Proposal To The Developers] Implement Clan Merge Capability

LongDraw

Okay, so I can't type up an entire document while I'm at work on my lunch about this, but to briefly describe what I'm talking about, I have had at least one, possibly two clans express interest in merging with the clan I represent.  The hangup is that neither clan wants to lose the investment they have made in the dojo and there is the issue of difficult migration of clan members that aren't always on to the new merged clan.

So in a nutshell, here is what I am proposing:

1.  Option for clan Warlord to send "Merge Clan Request" to targeted clan (clan list to select from?).

2.  Option for Warlords from both clans to approve of new clan name (lets say 75% approval required).

3.  All dojo mats and rush platinum used to construct the currently completed rooms and rooms in construction from both clans is returned to the clan vault, from which new dojo construction can begin using vault resources.

Edited by LongDraw

1 sound fine and they should add a cooldown or it could be abuse like 30 per-request sended aproval should have no cool down. but 2 and 3 is litle pushing it... the risk asociate with clan merge would be loosing all material on the merging one so if a smaller clan want to merging to the newer only member would be tranfer.

about 2 for name there should be a 1 time name change and ofcouse the leader of the biger clan. the one that aprove the merge should have the sole respondsibility to select new name for the clan.

1 and 2 seem fine to me.

Although a name change option for clans in general would be a good idea.

3:- Realistically no way.

Materials have already been used.

If anything a portion of the materials use maybe returned with a large majority of the portion being salvage.

If anything a portion of the materials use maybe returned with a large majority of the portion being salvage.

This is already something that they sort of do now and are in the process of making possible to do later - if you cancel a build IN PROGRESS you are refunded all contributions. Steve has informed us that they are working on a sort of "vault" where contributions go if a room already built is destroyed.

Edited by Jaddit

1 sound fine and they should add a cooldown or it could be abuse like 30 per-request sended aproval should have no cool down. but 2 and 3 is litle pushing it... the risk asociate with clan merge would be loosing all material on the merging one so if a smaller clan want to merging to the newer only member would be tranfer.

about 2 for name there should be a 1 time name change and ofcouse the leader of the biger clan. the one that aprove the merge should have the sole respondsibility to select new name for the clan.

I agree, 1 time name change per merger maximum.  If Merger clan leader chooses a name, can Mergee clan leader approve it?

About number 3, reason for suggesting this is to utilize the U9 changes to dojo with the clan vault.

1 and 2 seem fine to me.

Although a name change option for clans in general would be a good idea.

About number 3, reason for suggesting this is to utilize the U9 changes to dojo with the clan vault.

This is already something that they sort of do now and are in the process of making possible to do later - if you cancel a build IN PROGRESS you are refunded all contributions. Steve has informed us that they are working on a sort of "vault" where contributions go if a room already built is destroyed.

Any other thoughts or ideas about what suggestions we should propose to DE regarding clan merges?

Any other thoughts or ideas about what suggestions we should propose to DE regarding clan merges?

I don't know... my history with mmos would disgard the idea entirely, and look at something else - allegiance. To explain: clans would be allowed to enter allegiances with other clans - spreading the rule equally between the warlords to encourage instead of discourage "merging". Keep the individual clan's dojo intact, but allow for them to create rooms inside of their dojos to allow access to a network of other dojos in their allegiance that also have said room. So, to sum it all up:

• Dojos wouldn't be able to merge into one single clan (we have enough large ones as it is), but instead be able to join an allegiance (a collection of small or large clans).
  • Allow the warlords to vote on different things to sort of balance power between the clans in an allegiance (EX: how to organize the allegiance - share rank powers, or each have their own individual rule sets).
  • Create a special room that clans can create to allow access to a network of dojos related to the allegiance, and allow the warlord of a specific dojo to set restrictions on who enters through their dojo (perhaps based on how the allegiance is organized).
Edited by Jaddit

I don't know... my history with mmos would disgard the idea entirely, and look at something else - allegiance. To explain: clans would be allowed to enter allegiances with other clans - spreading the rule equally between the warlords to encourage instead of discourage "merging". Keep the individual clan's dojo intact, but allow for them to create rooms inside of their dojos to allow access to a network of other dojos in their allegiance that also have said room. So, to sum it all up:

• Dojos wouldn't be able to merge into one single clan (we have enough large ones as it is), but instead be able to join an allegiance (a collection of small or large clans).
  • Allow the warlords to vote on different things to sort of balance power between the clans in an allegiance (EX: how to organize the allegiance - share rank powers, or each have their own individual rule sets).
  • Create a special room that clans can create to allow access to a network of dojos related to the allegiance, and allow the warlord of a specific dojo to set restrictions on who enters through their dojo (perhaps based on how the allegiance is organized).

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly about these shared rooms in dojos.  Can you elaborate on this?