Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about dubbing Warframe in different languages?

Caspian

I was wondering if the DE's ever thought of dubbing the game in different languages other than English.

I do not have any problems with playing the game in English. Actually, I love DERebecca's voice for Lotus and all the other voices in the game. You guys did a great job!

I am Brazilian and, as a big fan of animes, I would be very happy to know that my favorite (brazilian) voice actors, that I've been listening to since my childhood, are also part of one more thing that I like, which is Warframe. As we already know, althought it is possible to play Warframe in Portuguese (my native language), Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Korean, Japanese, etc., the English dub is still set as default. I believe that hiring native speaker voice actors of those languages or even contacting voice acting studios from different countries might not be an easy task, since there are a lot of more important things to deal with in the game, so I will just plant this seed in your minds. 

I hope you DE's see my suggestion.

PS.: Sorry for any eventual grammar mistakes.

@direcyphre That would be funny indeed. xD

I've been imagining how it would be like to play Warframe listening to different voices in all those languages you can choose to configure the game. I think it would be really interesting not only for non-English speakers to understand what the characters are really saying, but also for people who like to listen to their favorite voice actors from their countries.

I, personally, have some favorite brazilian voice actors. I think they are amazing and they do a wonderful job. I also like some japanese voice actors. As fan of anime, I really enjoy listening to the japanese language, although I can't speak it fluently.

Does anyone else think the same?

• 2 weeks later...

@Kai_Shiba I agree with you.

Anyways... What do you think about the idea of dubbing the game in different languages, even though it may take a long to be done?

Do you think it would be nice to have the chance to play Warframe while listening to the characters speaking your native language (if you're not a native English speaker)? 

Would it be nice to have your favorite voice actors giving their voices to Lotus, Darvo, Nef Anyo, Vor, Stalker, Teshin and all other characters in the game (if you're not a native English speaker)?

• 2 weeks later...

No, please, mercy. I am Russian and since I know Russian professional dubs - TUCK THAT BIT. It's like same 4-8 people from game to game with absolutely NO IDEA what character they trying to make, what atmosphere they need to create. And if there will be no choice to switch to original (like it always is) - please, no. At least for my region.