Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need A New Graphics Card; Not Sure Specifically What Though.

Adorey

My issue is that I honestly can't actually play the game and enjoy as much as I could because my graphics card is absolute trash, and as a result I have to play with all the settings off/low and still my FPS is trash. I don't think I actually have a graphics card, I have whatever the onboard piece of trash is that came with my computer. Intel Family Graphics or something like that, I don't even want to know.

Anyhow, I just realized that you can play the game with all the settings on and it looks absolutely amazing. Except my graphics card is a piece of cardboard and/or non existent.

So my question to you all is: What sort of graphics card should I buy that would allow me to run Warframe on max settings that would still leave me with FPS as smooth as a newborn baby's arse.

I've seen things that are like 2GB 384 bit type of things, you know things. Things.

I really don't want to get into absurd prices as well, just the cheapest thing that will still let me run Warframe at max settings with wonderful FPS.

what processor do you have?

what power supply do you have?

if you don't know how to find out what processor you have: open start menu>right click computer>pick properties

the power supply with have a brand/power rating sticker on the side of it.

What is your price range?

If it is between $200-$300 I would tell you to get the new Nvidia GTX 760 for $250 it gets a few frames more than the GTX 660 TI and is $50 cheaper.

I generally would just agree with this on principle of cost/performance/physx support.

However knowing what your system is (and system specs obviously) would be rather important for your upgrade options may be more limited in some way shape or form.

The Intel HD Graphics 4000 series is actually decent and if you've got around 4 gigs of RAM or more, your Intel HD Graphics card is fine. There are two things you need to do to get it to play games better.

1. Unpark your CPUs. Just google it and you should come across a few web sites that have programs you can download so it can do all that for you.

2. Install and properly use Razer Gamebooster. This is probably a lot more important to have than unparked CPU cores.

I use an onboard GPU and the game works close to perfect on high settings. Before I did those two things I could barely play it on low settings.

Ignore suggestions to go for the bigger cards, as without a bigger power supply your PC will simply refuse to function. If it was built without a GPU chances are it has a relatively low power output and is not built for a large GPU. I don't know much about individual cards, personally I would recommend an nVidia card for the PhysX support if you are really looking for maximum eye candy.

I'm sure I can speak for everybody when I say that we can give you much better suggestions if we know how old your computer is, the specifications, and as Psychocrazy said, the power supply wattage.

GTX 650 is a great value for the money! $ = Power ratio, I'd say that would be your best bet!

Mine runs this game max settings without issue.

Being that I mostly play indie titles, rpgies, turn based games, and the like most games I play aren't really all that demanding on the card. However, It also runs Planetside 2 (A rather demanding game) smoothly with certain tweaks to the settings! Infact, it's my processor that's bottlenecking me there and not the card.

Edited by Rudest

My issue is that I honestly can't actually play the game and enjoy as much as I could because my graphics card is absolute trash, and as a result I have to play with all the settings off/low and still my FPS is trash. I don't think I actually have a graphics card, I have whatever the onboard piece of trash is that came with my computer. Intel Family Graphics or something like that, I don't even want to know.

Anyhow, I just realized that you can play the game with all the settings on and it looks absolutely amazing. Except my graphics card is a piece of cardboard and/or non existent.

So my question to you all is: What sort of graphics card should I buy that would allow me to run Warframe on max settings that would still leave me with FPS as smooth as a newborn baby's arse.

I've seen things that are like 2GB 384 bit type of things, you know things. Things.

I really don't want to get into absurd prices as well, just the cheapest thing that will still let me run Warframe at max settings with wonderful FPS.

Some sound advice would be to go to a local shop and see what they can do for you. With all due respect it sounds like you might not be familiar with the workings of a computer, and this could lead to any number of extra problems.

I can run warframe with my ATI Radeon HD 5670 well enough, my fps rarely dips. If you want PhysX, you'd have to go with a Nvidia card, though if you don't care about that, ATI cards are generally a bit less money for a bit more power

i was joking about the gtx titan, im running hd 4650 and i set everything on low but keeps my bloom and color correction, most of the time i hit more than 40 fps, sometimes it dips under 30, but usually only on void or i decide to zoom in on a torid toxic cloud

but i think warframe is more a processor dependant game, so as long as you have a good processor you are good to go

I just bought a GTX 650ti BOOST 2GB and it treats this game wonderfully at 1080p. Minor slowdown on wave 30 Xini with explosions and such, but that might just be my processor chugging. Anyway, it's only $170. Don't let people try to convince you that you need anything more, unless you're running more than 1080p.