Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Should Be An Item That Lets People Retrieve Potatoes But..

jaybayblay

Just as the topic states, I believe it wouldn't hurt too much to add an item that needs to be crafted through a blueprint in retrieving a potato/forma that's been inserted to a weapon already, thus either giving us the pure potato/forma or perhaps the potato/forma blueprint to create it again.

I highly doubt there will be that many potato/forma alerts regardless of any fixing of the RNG.. 

If they were gonna do this then the resource prices for rebuilding a potato, due to the nature of the mod, would be fairly freakin' high. Like Kunai high. Probably higher.

If they were gonna do this then the resource prices for rebuilding a potato, due to the nature of the mod, would be fairly freakin' high. Like Kunai high. Probably higher.

I'm confused when you said nature of the mod? Rebuilding a potato is bearable, anyone can work for it if they have the patience but obviously it'd be nice to obtain the actual potato rather than the potato BP. Otherwise, a blueprint that you can buy through credits with demanding materials may help people out who have made bad mistakes, to create new ones through some forfeit of materials. I mean who hasn't potato'd a gun that they regret it a little bit.

I'm confused when you said nature of the mod? Rebuilding a potato is bearable, anyone can work for it if they have the patience but obviously it'd be nice to obtain the actual potato rather than the potato BP. Otherwise, a blueprint that you can buy through credits with demanding materials may help people out who have made bad mistakes, to create new ones through some forfeit of materials. I mean who hasn't potato'd a gun that they regret it a little bit.

It's a supercharger. As long as the BP was fairly expensive and the resources needed were also fairly expensive I wouldn't see a problem with this. I potatoed my vulkar before I knew what potatoes really did, but I kinda figured it's something you just get over lol. It just wouldn't make sense for the potatoes to become easily attainable due to this.

If you have 5 potatoes in total whether 3 in different weapons and 2 in inventory, you're not necessarily 'attaining' potatoes; simply switching them around to associate your play style.. assuming this would be allowed, you'll still have your 5 potatoes to move around not 6. There's never really alerts for potatoes anyway so actually attaining them is a totally different story that shouldn't be associated with this topic.

No but in the same way, you're enabling people to just reuse potatoes they already have. If the option to reuse is that much cheaper than getting a new one in terms of effort or platinum, people will just reuse the ones they have all the time and make no effort to find one or buy one from the store, and in that way it ruins the value of potatoes as a whole.

Edited by iamSippyCup

There can be a lot of restrictions to prevent the ruined value of potatoes such as demanding materials, high credit amounts, limit of bp's you're allowed to buy ever (3), etc.

Yeah I like the sound of that, maybe not limit it to 3 ever but 1 per quarter or something?

Perhaps you buy 1 blueprint that retrieves potato/forma, after that there is a cooldown of 5 days to purchase/use/create another with the limit of creation being 5 overall (5 times to change your mind should be more than enough [doesn't have to be 5]) this is all speculation and random suggestions supporting the topic but I believe this is somewhat tolerable. Feel free to build on top of this or go on a different direction along the lines of restricting any abuse that may come along through this idea.

The item made from the blueprint should be called Harvest because you're harvesting potatoes ;D jk

Edited by jaybayblay

I'd rather DE just fix the alert system RNG and give us occasional but reliable free potatoes and prevent famines like we have right now. We wouldn't need to remove potatoes from gear then (though selling potatoed gear REALLY needs to give me more money. Right now potatoes do not change the selling price at all).

Occasional potatoes from alerts or even daily login will massacre the value of them, this method allows little exposure to potatoes by keeping the one you already have to extract on to a future end-game weapon. Assuming they limit the quantities you're allowed to purchase at a time.

Edited by jaybayblay