Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toughts About The Stalker

Phoenix86

So i wanna give an allaround feedback about the Stalker and point out all the issues related to him.

First of all the stalker is a very interesting and fun addition to the game, the whole idea about him is great but -lore wise- it lacks in a lot of aspects... one thing above all: he's factionless and being attacked by all factions regardless... why should he punish us for killing bosses that would kill him too? But i'm fine... they'll explaine us soon or later why...

Would be fun to have a different stalker or a -Punishers Squad- that hunt us after killing a boss and they must be related to the dead boss's faction.

Beside this i'll point out the current problems Stalker has:

- too low spawn rate:

i know it's RNG (hell it's my favourite answer to anyone "RNG is RNG") but yet again... the chance to let him spawn should be higher, WAY higher! at least 50% of the times i kill a boss. Also he likes to spawn only when we have a low lvl frame but he's a freaking coward when it comes to face a lvl 30 frame??! this must be addressed asap... stalker has a lvl range floating from 40 to 70... give us a lvl 70 stalker... but give it!!!

It's 20+ days i daily farm 5-12 bosses and I DID NOT MET stalker ONCE. why?? i tried to equip 2 new weapons and leave myself with only max'd primary and max'd frame but still he wont come for me...

Improve his spawn rate, he must appear regardless my level... increase his level if he's so coward / afraid to lose.

- improve his weaponry:

A deadly bow, one of the best sidearms of the game and one of the best meele of the game, yet he's ridiculously n00b in combat... he does nothing or he 1-shot-kill-you with slash dash... that's stupid, he needs a huge and more balanced improvements in his fighting style/abilities.

Improve his combat's abilities.

- improve his drop rate:

Ok he has its own weapons... why no guaranteed BP drop? hell he's carrying them! i could actually grab them from his dead body! As long as he consistently spawns i dont mind about this but... it's still obviously wrong, he's not like a boss that might or might not carry a BP to build a frame he doesnt own... he OWNS his weapons! he should be a guaranteed drop.

Improve his drop rate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all i have to say more or less, comments are welcome and also a comment from DE like "Ok, we've read this, thanks" will be more than appreciated!

Edited by Phoenix86

Actually, I feel like him dropping BPs was kinda a turn off, for me. He went from 'Oh crap oh crap nononononononononon' to 'well, lets try to get his weapon....DAMMIT RNG'

It made the stalker less scary and more of just another random boss encounter. If anything, please, decrease his drop rate. OR, to counter all the flak I know I'm going ot take for saying that, give him a guarenteed drop ONLY if the player manages to defeat him without the use of powers and without taking damage. No damage, not from enemies, not from the stalker. Make it all three if it's done solo, one with a chance for two if it's 2 or 3 players. Only one if it's a full squad. Or, better yet, make it a drop only if done solo.

He needs a scare factor back, a reason to fear him, yet overcome him. I agree with giving him better AI and such, but keep the drops to a minimum.

P.S. he never actually dies. He vanishes before he dies, so you're comment on taking his stuff is irrelevant.

Simple solution: Make him playable by random players.

It would be like a personal alert that would only pop up for a single player and cannot be shared with the rest of the team.

You will spawn as a stalker inside a level with full control over his abilities and weapons.

Have fun taking apart a team of Tenno with your superiour gear and skill and making their life hell. Bounty included.

Have fun tricking a player-controlled Stalker with Ash's invisibility and Excal's slashdash.

Everybody is happy!

It would be like a personal alert that would only pop up for a single player and cannot be shared with the rest of the team.

You will spawn as a stalker inside a level with full control over his abilities and weapons.

Have fun taking apart a team of Tenno with your superiour gear and skill and making their life hell. Bounty included.

Have fun tricking a player-controlled Stalker with Ash's invisibility and Excal's slashdash.

Everybody is happy!

This is not global agenda... (sadly?)

He needs a scare factor back, a reason to fear him, yet overcome him.

I still get that stomach feeling when the screen flickers, lol, even though I've killed him more times than I remember... He left an impression on me when I was new to the game :D

But he does need a little rework to bring his reputation back up to something that's not "Something else to farm".

Everybody is happy!

Haha, when I first started playing with my friend, we had this theory that the Stalker was actually a DE admin who jumps online to hunt players down. Kinda lost the effect when he glitched inside a wall though.

I agree, killing stalker is too easy. But I'm not here to talk about stalker, what does RNG mean O.o

(I was here to talk about stalker)

Cool design coll weps no damage with the bow, maybe give him thunderbolt mod to his bow?