Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Weapons Not Worth Time Or Materials...

Pendragon1951

I have put in 431 hours into this game and I am Mastery Rank 7 I have ranked up both the Dera and the Supra to rank 30 both fully modded and used them against all factions in all types of missions and I have come to the conclusion they are not worth the time or materials to waste on. My reasons are this, I was led to believe that because of everything you have to go through, like having to build a DOJO to build these "advanced" weapons and the exuberant amount of materials that these weapons need would be better than the ones you can buy in the marketplace. I have found that they are not, lets take the Supra, fully modded it can take down pretty much anything, if your only 5 feet away, heck like one guy said you might as well call it a melee weapon and use it as a club. The accuracy is so bad that I tried hitting a corpus who was one foot away and missed him with the first 3 shots which spread out like a shotgun, which the Supra is not, it's a laser Gorgon, lasers do not deviate from a straight line. Now the Dera, also not a bad weapon, but the shots are so slow Loki can probably race the Dera bolt to the target and win not to mention the target can move out of the way. My point that I am trying to make is weapons we already use are just as good or better that these supposed "advanced" weapons. If your a completest then maybe this might be worth it to you to get, but to most this is just unfair, these weapons are not anymore advance than a fully modded Braton MK-1 or Gorgon. In a way I feel IMHO that we have been duped into making Dojos so we had the ability to make these supposed "advance" weapons. If I was a Warlord of a Clan I would probably stop production of all weapons and just tell my clanmates not to waste their time unless as I said they were collectors. Unless the DE's really make them advanced weaponry then at this point I see no reason why Dojos should continue manufacturing these weapons and waste hard to get materials.

I think the point I'm trying to make is they are no more advanced than what we already have, so it seems unfair to me to have to go through so much to get something that we already have that is just as good or better.The other weapons may be good but I still say they are not worth the time or effort to make.

You shouldn't have judged all the clan weapons after trying just 2 of them. The Ogris, Acrid and Torid are very good weapons.

Not to mention the Corpus research weapons are designed to fight the Corpus and nothing else. Even modded, they don't do spectacularly against Grineer and Infested. A tad unfair since the other sets do pretty darn well against all factions.

The Dera and Supra are both incredible.

The Dera puts out more damage with zero recoil, at the cost of having a travel time. It therefore has a higher skillcap than the Braton, meaning it requires more skill to use effectively, but ultimately has a higher potential damage output when used correctly. This is why inexperienced players will trick themselves into believing a weapon is terrible. It's not terrible, it's actually better. Just practice with it and you'll get the most out of it.

The Supra's immense damage makes it a direct upgrade to the Gorgon. Let's face it: accuracy isn't really your concern with light machineguns, and the only tradeoff to using the Supra over a Gorgon is that you have to lead any moving target.

The Ogris turns entire groups of enemies into instant oatmeal, just add Tenno. That's all I need to say about it.

Finally, you haven't used the Acrid at all. You wouldn't've even considered making this thread if you have. It kills bosses faster than any other weapon in the game currently, because no unit in this game has any toxic resistance. It basically ignores all armor, applies damage normally on impact, and then has a damage-over-time effect that ticks for every type of elemental damage you've applied. Four times per bullet. And it stacks.

I disagree, the Gorgon can kill everything first off and it can kill at range, I have killed a target that was standing way across the other side of the upstairs map on Kiliken when your defending the pod in the middle upstairs, there is no way the Supra can do that, if they improved the accuracy of the Supra that the shots would not spread like a shotgun they yes I would agree with you that it is better.

I do concede that I have not used the Orgris or Acrid and they do look fun and perform as they should as advanced weapons, and that is why I concentrated on the Dera and Supra and I do think of myself as a skilled shooter, in fact I just thought of another example. Same map Kiliken upstairs one player had the Supra he was rank 6 and I am 7 we both shot at the same target across the map me with my Gorgon and him with his Supra, he shot at the target and never came close, took me two shots to kill the target.

Same map Kiliken upstairs one player had the Supra he was rank 6 and I am 7 we both shot at the same target across the map me with my Gorgon and him with his Supra, he shot at the target and never came close, took me two shots to kill the target.

Ah, yes. The Gorgon does have superb first-shot accuracy. That is one benefit of it. Past the first shot though, they're pretty much the same.

As I mentioned earlier, there's a trick to to the Dera/Supra. Find it out for yourself, though.

Since you're one of those rude folks who dangles a carrot and says "I know something you weak peons don't", and because I hate it when people like you do petty elitist crap like that, I'll pop your bubble.

Shooting through Volt's deployable shield turns any projectile attack into a hitscan attack, meaning the shot will land immediately where you're aiming. I'm a nice guy and I don't withhold information needlessly. You're welcome, to anyone who was wondering.

Edited by Kahruvel

Where exactely does it state that these weapons are advanced? 

People have way to high expectations of these weapons. I think its a good thing that these weapons dont outclass the ones in the marketplace. If You are not in a clan, or have a small clan, You dont miss the best weapons in the game. The clan research weapons are either meant to be specialized weapons for the different factions or specific missions, like defense. They require a huge amount of time and materials not because the are Uber-weapons, but because DE wants You to play the game and not ask every second day for new content.

So heres a little advice: Dont wait for these weapons like a little child for christmas presents, cause You'll only get socks. And these socks wont be much nicer than the socks Your mother bought at the marketplace. But still dont forget, that Your new socks will be very good at killing corpus techs with Volts shield... :)

They're better. Supra is a direct upgrade to the Gorgon on nearly every point, and the Dera is probably the best anti-Corpus weapon in the game.

I wouldn't say that. It only beats the Braton against Corpus Boxheads, and only at close range. Against Moa's and Ospreys the Dera doesn't have any real advantage.

The Dera puts out more damage with zero recoil, at the cost of having a travel time. It therefore has a higher skillcap than the Braton, meaning it requires more skill to use effectively, but ultimately has a higher potential damage output when used correctly. This is why inexperienced players will trick themselves into believing a weapon is terrible. It's not terrible, it's actually better. Just practice with it and you'll get the most out of it.

Skill doesn't make shots go faster. Braton gets its damage out instantly. Since most enemies still have relatively low health even past level 60, this means the Braton kills things faster at medium-long range, and they kill at almost the same speed at close range. The only situations where the Dera outperforms the Braton is at a range where shotguns outperform both, or against high health enemies like Corpus Tech's where the higher modded damage might make a noticeable difference. Corpus Crewmen have so little health even in Pluto that the extra damage a modded Dera can do with the headshots will go almost unnoticed.

10ner maybe my assumption was incorrect but if I have to pay an enormous amount of time and materials to make these weapons then these "socks" better be able to make me breakfast as well lol.

Go Lanka make me waffles!