Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sands of Inaros, Tomb Guardian Safe-spot Exploit

Photomancer

I am posting here as I am almost certain the exploit is AI related. However, I'm taking a gander that it could also be attributed in part to localization within the game itself, meaning player positioning within the game-map, and as such will also post to Mission/General Bug forums if need be.

I discovered this today, and I'm calling it an exploit because to be fair it seems to have taken the challenge completely out of the mission itself. 
While completing the respective portions of Sands of Inaros, I finally came across the section where I must defeat the Tomb Guardian. 
Being a curious player, I generally try to see how I can beat the respective powerful mob while taking as minimal damage, or using as minimal resources as possible, by experimenting with my positioning within the game terrain. In this process I discovered a very simple, very effective way of doing so to little or no consequence to myself. I will now lay this process out.

Pre-requisites: Player must be on appropriate portion of the mission to face Tomb Guardian.

Step 1: After acquiring Inaro's urn, make your way to the central hall of the tomb where the Tomb Guardian will soon spawn. Orient yourself to face the front of the central pillar/statue, with the entrance to the tomb behind you, and look towards the north east. The mini-map will show impassable terrain, which is where the pillar in question is located.

aavZVmY.png

Step 2: Find the pillar in question and lure the Tomb Guardian towards it after he spawns. You may take damage here, hence the Trinity pick, but any frame that can take a hit or two can easily get this done.

fbufwCB.png

Step 3: Defeat the Tomb Guardian, taking almost no damage at all, as the Tomb Guardian becomes inactive and just stands around while you gun him down.

y1ogtTh.png

Step 4: Rinse and repeat this process, using Ammo Restores (if you have no real damage, like myself) if necessary, with all his subsequent death spawns. As the smaller spawns appear, they may attack the player, becoming active only so long as they are recently spawned. This, however, dissipates after a few seconds and the spawns themselves also inevitably become inactive. All in all, you take very little damage, and no real "fight" ever ensues. 
XEipjPj.png
Did I benefit from this exploit, sure. But I'm posting it here to let the Devs and others know that it is actively a problem. I tried fiddling my position on the pillar and it seems the issue may be related to the corners of the pillar, which may mean an issue with corners in general? I'm stressing this point only because I've seen similar exploits in other games (Dungeons & Dragons Online, which I played actively for 5+ years). 

If this post does not belong here then I prefer it be moved to the appropriate sector(with proper notification) rather than deleted, as I won't put in the effort to re-post and the issue may then go unresolved.

Hope this helps! 

Ps. I don't mind Plat for finding more bugs & exploits for you guys ^^ 
#totalsellout

Edited by Photomancer

It´s much easier to kill him than that just take a friend one has Rhino one has Nyx the copies can be taken over the Rhino just beat the S#&$ out of the Guardian since these copies have infinite energy need fixes too may not belong here but it´s a good opportunity