Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Fall Off Point

gunpowdersaint

To put it bluntly, and I think my friend said it best, "In the beginning of the game your Warframe is really strong. At the end of the game your Weapon/Rifle is really strong"

Meaning when you max out and forma, just once, a Gorgon for multishot, seration, and speed trigger you can pretty much hose down waves of 50+ infested. With the Paris you can snipe people for close to several thousands of damage.

There's not a Warframe in the game that can rival the stopping power and strength of even the most unused weapons when potatoed and well modded. The reason... mods...

Fire Damage +90%

Cold Damage +90%

Serration +120%

Armor Piercing +60%

Then... Split Chamber times the entire Equation by TWO

You're looking at a 720% increase to your damage.

What do the Warframes have to increase their damage?

Focus +30% when MAXED

THIRTY? that's how much the level 3 Hellfire mod gives. or a level TWO serration mod. Not to mention the road to maxing it is long and mostly uphill.

But that's not the all..

Let's say you're playing Vaubon, right? you don't need damage mods, because you have utility, you can pretty much build tank and do whatever you want. Same with Banshee, and Frost. Frost's abilities tickle even when maxed out and focused. So all you need is Snowglobe, and Icewave for the Massive AoE slow. Ember can't even match that kind of utility. [[but we all know Embers deal]]

At higher levels damaging mods and damaging abilities are absolutely useless. they tickle the enemy and there's absolutely no scaling whatsoever. I think we need to make another way to scale the damage or give focus a buff.

I honestly want to know what you guys think. I'm not trolling or leaving the game. I love this place and Super Secret Space Ninja Electric Bugaloo is amazing. I just want damaging abilities to scale better into late game.

Another reason I bring this up is not just because I love ember, but because the new warframe is going to suffer from ember disease. From what the council has posted she'll have 3 damaging abilities, none of which have any utility, and then an amazing movement ability full of utility. So she has one good ability, when you're surrounded by 50+ grineer. Outside of that ability she might as well be Rhino.

Something really is weird with cross-category balance... But I never even considered how it also works with Warframes, since they are essentially Weapons as well in this game.

I genuinely hope Update 9 looks at all of these things on a very deep level... Something is simply rotten at the very core of all balance. While it isn't noticable in different areas, it will stay with the game forever if left untouched.

Great thread, but as for your question... I seriously have no idea how one could "fix" these things or what to do about something like this.

There are obviously a thousand ways to CHANGE things in the game, but we just don't know what DE makes of all of these balance issues.

Honestly the problem with Warframes is that the damaging abilities they have get scaled down massively, and it doesn't seem to be at the same rate as guns are. I had been trying to test it with Frost and Ice Wave, but the only thing I was able to determine is that it doesn't follow the enemy resistance charts at all. Adjusting/changing the way enemy damage reduction works with all of the Warframes and their abilities would likely go a long way towards fixing things.

It's funny that the low level enemies that you can kill by sneezing in their direction take full damage, but the higher level ones with a lot more hp take a lot less damage while taking more time to kill already.

Edited by plznohurtme