The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe CCG

ipel4

So I don't know if many of you remember, but a long time ago on a Devstream the Devs were discussing some ideas and one of them was a warframe themed card game you can play on relays with other tenno. Of course that sounds awesome. *o* Yesterday when I was wondering what to do I was thinking if I should make something themed around warframe and remembered that idea so I decided why not give it a shot. I already had ideas for another card game so I took some things from there (as basis) and made it more basic (like Hearthstone (infact maybe too muhc like Hearthstone... xd)). This are some ideas i just threw around for fun and even if it ever gets to a point where DE starts working on such a minigame they might even take some inspiration from here... ^^'

As with idea itself, the game will consist of, of course some kind of hero, leader, character, or maybe even warframe? as your main character which you must keep alive and the kill the opponents to win (standart card game stuffz). There will be of course:

- minions - which can range from enemies you find on the battlefield, to bosses to even some warframes or devs?.
- spells - currently I've made them to be based on warframe abilities, mode and augments.
- weapons - I wonder what weapons I can make for the warframe theme... hmmmm...

Right now the idea is that you start off with 20 health (as Excalibur?) and generate 2 energy at the start of every turn without it being capped. You can play as many minions as you have energy for and space for? (currently thinking they could make the battlefield being like the old modding meny before starchart 2.0 as a nod and nostalgia)

As for the minions themselvs, when you think warframes can be minions you're probably thinking they have access to all their abilities or something along that line? Well for example in my other ccg idea minions have mana and mana regen and have all sorts of abilities, but if we did this for this one then you'd probably be only able to have one at a time for balance purposes? And since your Hero right now in the idea is a warframe why not jusdt replace them and that grant you those powers? Well it would be kinda boring to have access to only those powers and that's kinda the point of the spells, so I decided they would posses only one of those abilities (at most two or three) presumably the most populare or defining one for that specific warframe.

Also someone I'm considering is maybe you should draw specific quest related cards on specific turns like for example "The Second Dream" on turn 5 and "The War Within" on turn 7 so as to keep it more interesting and balanced.

Here is a list of the cards I've  current;y thought of with it being arranged by the following order: minions, spells, weapons. Cards with the letter "i" by their names indicates that it's inaccessible through normal means (ie only from other cards giving it or spawning it).

Spoiler

Nova:
  Damage: 2
  Health: 2
  Energy cost: 8
  Faction: Tenno
  Effect: Give all enemy minions "When this minion dies, deal 2 damage to all enemy minions"

Tyl Regor:
  Health: 3
  Energy cost: 5
  Faction: Grineer
  Type: Boss
  Effect: When this minion dies, equip a 2/4 Ack and Brunt. If you're archwing mode, then instead equip a 3/4 Knux.

- Don't know what I'll be doing with archwing, but thought this would be neat...

Stalker:
  Damage: 4
  Health: 4
  Energy cost: 7
  Faction: Stalker
  Type: Miniboss
  Effect: When you play this minion, it gain the health and damage of the highest costing minion.

Alad V:
  Damage: 1
  Health: 1
  Energy cost: 4
  Faction: Corpus
  Type: Boss, Salad
  Effect: Summon the Zanuka.

Zanuka(i):
  Energy cost: 2
  Effect: Alad V is Immune.

Jackal:
  Health: 5
  Energy cost: 3
  Effect: Can only take 1 damage at a time.

- My reasoning for why I made him like is as follows: 1 damage cause his one of the first bosses and very weak even after scaling and it can only trake 1 damage at a time since you gotta break it's legs before you can damage him. Spoilers on how to beat Jackal...? Woops...

Grineer Lancer:
  Energy cost: 1
  Effect: Cannonfodder

- Crads that have Cannonfodder will be brought back into your hand when they die.

Shadow Stalker:
  Damage: 3
  Health: 6
  Effect: Can only take 1 damage at a time.

Mirage:
  Effect: At the end of your turn summon two Mirror Images.

Mirror Image(i):
  Effect: At the end of your turn, destroy this minion.

[DE]Sheldon:
  Faction: Dev
  Effect: When you play this minion, put a RNG card into your opponents deck.

- I have a feeling Sheldon will have a hard time playing with this card...

[DE]Scott:
  Faction: Dev
  Effect: Swap the Attack and Health of a random friendly minion and a random enemy minion.

Valkyr:
  Health: 8
  Energy cost: 8
  Effect: Your Hero is Immune while you have a weapon equipped.

Drahk Master:
  Effect: When you play this minion, destroy your opponents weapon.

Loki:
  Effect:
      Invisible: 3 turns
      At the end of your opponents turn, destroy his weapon if it's not a melee.

- Minions with Inivisle will not be able to be attacked by other minions. Invisibility gets removed when a certain criteria is met, in this case after 3 turns.

Ash:
  Energy cost: 10
  Effect:
      When you play this minion, deal 4 damage to all enemy minions.
      Invisible: 1 turn

Inaros:
  Health: 8
  Energy cost: 6
  Effect: Give the minion opposite of this one Stunned, as well as the minions adjacent to that one.

- Stunned enemies can't attack for one turn.

Flow:
  Effect: Increase your energy regen by 3 for the next 5 turns.

- Cards with ongoing effects would be displayed somewhere on the side with an indicator for when they'll be removed.

Radial blind:
  Effect: Give all enemy minions Stunned.

- Finally the Control (Hunter, Shamanm, Warlock) deck will be viable! Oh, wrong game...

Orokin Reactor:
  Effect: Double the damage and health of a Tenno.

Orokin Catalyst:
  Effect: Double the damage and durability of your weapon.

Second Dream:
  Effect: Summon Shadow Stalker.

- Don't thnk that spoils anything really...

The War Within spoilers:

Spoiler

The War Within:
  Energy cost: 7
  Effect: Replace your hero with the Operator.

Worm Hole:
  Effect: Draw a card.

Escape Velocity:
  Effect: Give a minion +2 Attack. If Worm Hole was played this game, then also draw a card.

- I'm thinking of making augments in general get buffed when the core ability is used.

- Honostly I forgot what I made for the original effect, so I added +2 Attack temporarily...

RNG(i):
  Energy cost: 0
  Effect: When you draw this card, put [DE]Sheldon into your opponents hand.

Molecular Prime:
  Energy cost: 6
  Effect: Give all enemy minions "When this minion dies, deal 2 damage to all enemy minions"

- At first I was thinking of making it so that the effect on warframe would be only for them, but then I remembered how in other card games there are both spell and minion versions and while the spell version is usually worse since it doesn't give a body onthe board it usefull in some scenarios cause it costs less. So the implementation of such spells depends on how the game works out in the end.

Energy Siphon:
  Energy cost: 0
  Type: Aura
  Effect: You gain 1 extra energy each turn.

- You can only have one aura on the battlefield at once and playing a new one would discard the old one.

Skana:
  Durability: 5
  Type: Melee
  Effect: None

Nunchaku:
  Durability: 3
  Effect: None

Shaku:
  Durability: 4
  Effect: When you equip this weapon, if it destroyed a Nunchaku, then gain it's damage and durability.

- Since the Shaku requires the Nunchaku, instead of forcing you to have it equippped I made it so it give you a bonus and forces you to think about when and in what order to play your cards.

That's it for now. I might be adding other ones soon and of course I'd be interested to know if this sounds interesting to you guys! XD

Edited by ipel4