Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts About Sortie Rewards (With Proposed changes)

Ianthasys

Okay, so I had thrown this comment onto the latest 19.1.0 update thread, but figured that I should probably throw it into it's own post. I've also added a bit to the post since my OP. Here's a link to the original post

Spoiler

I personally feel like the endo rewards should be like the lens rewards. If it were to roll for what kind of reward you'd get (endo, lens, mod, etc.) and then do a second roll within each sub-type, that might work a bit better. I know that many people have gotten endless 2k endo drops, but until riven mods were a thing, the only reason I was even doing sorties was for the endo.

Here's kinda an example of what i'm talking about where each tier is a pool to roll from. I don't know what would have to go into this, but it might be something good to try out.

• Endo
  • Lens
    • Normal Lens
    • Hreater Lens
  • Riven Mod
    • Mod A
    • Mod B
  • Potato
    • Reactor
    • Catalyst
    • Formas should prob be with the potatoes or even removed from the sortie drop tables, as they're already in the relic drops and are fairly common.
  • Boosters
    • Credit
    • Affinity
  • Legendary Core

You could probably add in percentages for the drops within each group, so for example

• Potato 20%
    • Yellow Tater 50%
    • Blue Tater 30%
    • Forma 20%

This meaning that of all of the groups, the potato family has a 20% drop change, and within that group, reactors have 50%, catalyst have 30%, and formas have 20%. I don't know how easily that could be done with the existing code, but it would be something worth trying out just to see how well it'd work.

Another thing that might help to stop the RNG burnout for those that are unlucky would be to possibly make the drop rates change depending on drops that the player hasn't received lately. (excluding the legendary core) So let's say that a player has been farming and farming for that Riven mod they've always dreamed of, and they just keep getting lenses and endo, it could possibly make the drops that they haven't seen in a while (ie: Riven mod, potato, booster) show up a bit more.

I'd throw in a TL:DR but I don't quite know how to shorten this so have fun reading, tenno.

-A

---

Edit 1: Fixed a few errors with spelling and grammar.

Edited by austinC824

0.2 * 0.5 = 0.1
10% to get a yellow tater

0.2 * 0.3 = 0,06
6% to get a blue tater

0.2 * 0. 2 = 0.04
4% to get a forma

so if im going for blue tater, the chance is very low, and if i get a 4% forma, i will rage quit alt f4 and uninstall

now lets assume the endo rate is like this:
Endo 30%
2k - 70% or 60%
4k - 30% or 40%

that makes it 21% or 18% to get 2k endo, while the other stuff will have a chance of like 0.5% to 5%

in the end it will make no huge difference and u wont get what you actually want

Edited by _Mr.Robot

22 minutes ago, _Mr.Robot said:

in the end it will make no huge difference and u wont get what you actually want

To be honest, I have never gone into sorties looking for a certain thing. So I haven't ever really gotten something I didn't want, unless it was an unairu lens. I just know that many people have problems with the sortie rewards, including many of my friends. You also have to remember that a 10% drop rate for an item in a pool with more than 10 items is actually pretty decent chances. If one item has a 50% drop chance, that would mean that the other 12 or so items have to be split between the other 50%, as you can't have more than a 100% total without getting the chance for multiple drops at the end of the sortie.

So yes, it would be like a 10% drop chance, but considering the size of the whole reward pool, the only realistic way for people to have better chances to get what they want while still having a chance to get other stuff would be to either split the larger pool into smaller pools with separate chances within them, or to have a single smaller pool for the sorties, and add ways to get the other items in a different reward pool.

Edited by austinC824