Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sarpa?

DeiwosN

Question

So I've literally never seen anyone mention this oddity of a weapon in any way, but ever since I picked it up because it seemed an amusing concept it has basically become my sole weapon while I'm leveling up other things since the charged 'shot' requires no reloading, does frankly baffling damage, and seems to literally ragdoll any enemies in melee range around me whenever I fire it. That said, does anyone have any thoughts on/experience with it for high level stuff? It's been great for applying Corrosive procs and Slash bleeds to enemies at mid-range, and has no 'ammo', though it's a little awkward to use (I'm using High Noon stance, and getting pretty adept at timing my aiming).

8 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, DeiwosN said:

So I've literally never seen anyone mention this oddity of a weapon in any way, but ever since I picked it up because it seemed an amusing concept it has basically become my sole weapon while I'm leveling up other things since the charged 'shot' requires no reloading, does frankly baffling damage, and seems to literally ragdoll any enemies in melee range around me whenever I fire it. That said, does anyone have any thoughts on/experience with it for high level stuff? It's been great for applying Corrosive procs and Slash bleeds to enemies at mid-range, and has no 'ammo', though it's a little awkward to use (I'm using High Noon stance, and getting pretty adept at timing my aiming).

Redeemer.

By looking at the stats I wouldnt take it to a high level mission unless im running an invis frame to get the bonus damage. Also. having in mind that the shots have damage falloff and a wide spread i would use it as a "ohsnap" type of weapon, meaning that you use it on short range when you dont have time to reload.

PS: Havent used the weapon yet so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Compared to the Redeemer, the Sarpa has fewer pellets and vastly increased spread, which results in noticeably lower (and less reliable) damage output on average.

The upside of this is that the pellets from the Sarpa don't feel as though they have any sort of drop off damage (the Redeemer drops off like a rock past about 15-20m), but again, the iffy accuracy makes this advantage questionable.

With that said, the Sarpa is the only weapon in the game capable of 2-shotting Nullifier bubbles, even from extreme range, so that gives it a good reason to exist in any sort of endless Corpus/Void mission.

Edited by Haif

11 minutes ago, Haif said:

Compared to the Redeemer, the Sarpa has fewer pellets and vastly increased spread, which results in noticeably lower (and less reliable) damage output on average.

The upside of this is that the pellets from the Sarpa don't feel as though they have any sort of drop off damage (the Redeemer drops off like a rock past about 15-20m), but again, the iffy accuracy makes this advantage questionable.

With that said, the Sarpa is the only weapon in the game capable of 2-shotting Nullifier bubbles, even from extreme range, so that gives it a good reason to exist in any sort of endless Corpus/Void mission.

Sarpa has the same pellet count as a Redeemer.

• Unlike the Redeemer, this damage is NOT elemental and is increased by physical damage mods.
  • Charged shot fires 2 bursts making it effective against nullifier bubbles.
  • Status chance is not divided between bullets, unlike the Redeemer, although the status chance is still average.

So, in conclusion, Sarpa is better than Redeemer in case of dealing damage. However, the Redeemer is more easy to use.

Edited by mobilehacker