Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wind Weapon Mods.

Liminal

I just came up with this while reading someone else's thread but I didn't want to hijack it since his ideas were pretty different to this.

Instead of adding even more damage types I thought we could get "Wind" mods for weapons which instead of adding more numbers to our numbers could simply cause knockback on hit.

They could be named after windy stuff like Cyclones, Hurricanes and Chicago.

Ranking them up could increase the force of the knockback effect, directly affecting how far the guys will be pushed back and how often or on which enemies it could possibly cause knockdowns.

If it turns out to be too powerful it could maybe make your shots consume energy like the melee mod (so it's not guaranteed to work all mission long).

that would be kinda OP... especially in infested missions, and at the same time hard to aim small weak spots duo to the "stagger effect"

I think we are already pretty OP compared to our enemies... a highly (not perfect) modded warframe can handle 10+ enemies that are 2-3 times his effective level already...

I dont wanna put you down, the idea is nice but i think we need more challange, not an even easier situation

that would be kinda OP... especially in infested missions, and at the same time hard to aim small weak spots duo to the "stagger effect"

I think we are already pretty OP compared to our enemies... a highly (not perfect) modded warframe can handle 10+ enemies that are 2-3 times his effective level already...

I dont wanna put you down, the idea is nice but i think we need more challange, not an even easier situation

Well, that's an issue with absolutely anything new that is released, unless it's weaker than what we already have (and then nobody uses it... I'm looking at you, resistance mods). Not releasing new content is not the solution!

I think this could be properly balanced.

Wind? sounds too much like magic. Make it pressure!

Yeah, I was thinking of ninjas and all that crap. "Be like the wind, flow like a river, fall head-first off a mountain". You know: Eastern philosophy.

Well, that's an issue with absolutely anything new that is released, unless it's weaker than what we already have (and then nobody uses it... I'm looking at you, resistance mods). Not releasing new content is not the solution!

I think this could be properly balanced.

Yeah, I was thinking of ninjas and all that crap. "Be like the wind, flow like a river, fall head-first off a mountain". You know: Eastern philosophy.

Now that you mention it. Sry. I was too much in the sci fi thing xD

In this context, it would seem right =)

Some kind of special foundry crafted stuff!