Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Weapon/warframe Slots Obtainable Through Credits

Ripentear

There are several lengthy discussions on the wiki about this topic, pointing out that slots should be possible to get through means other than platinum, just like everything else that isn't a cosmetic item. Several interesting suggestions were made, making them a mastery level reward, making them items that can be made from blueprints using resources, and just plain out buying them with credits. The second and third sounds like the best solution, since even in today's livestream the issue of most players having far too many credits and nothing to do with them has been brought up. Not everyone has disposable income or access to a credit card, and while locking people out of cosmetics and early access to items is perfectly reasonable, locking them out of tactical options seems rather... underhanded, and makes the "free to play" statement questionable.

It's just sad to look at all these warframes ready to be made and claimed but no place to put them. Takes away a big reason to play.

On an unrelated side note, I hope that the influx of youtube contest videos brought some attention to the game. Congratulations to the winners!

you buy warframe and weapon slots to support the devs who make this game possible, i think it would be awful to take the money they have earned away from them.

I believe there are people out there who just can't buy online. Y'know, I used to be one of them.

you buy warframe and weapon slots to support the devs who make this game possible, i think it would be awful to take the money they have earned away from them.

There's plenty of good ways to suport developers as is, between color pallets, saving dozens of hours on grinding warframes, and even getting a say in the future of this game's design. But this method of limiting the player's options isn't very good, it's somewhat... obligatory. While it might force some money out, it also makes people want to show less support.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

It's like you think the world runs on rainbows and happy thoughts.

I think that DE is filled with reasonable people can see when they made a questionable decision, at least when you point it out to them. If not, I feel absolutely no shame for trying.

Keep in mind, they are running a business, true, and they want to make money, but it's pretty obvious that their other priority is to make a good game. And the question here is "where's the balance between the two".

7/11 has Steam gift cards and prepaid visa giftcards. Use the $20 Steam cards to get yourself a founder's pack if you're connected through Steam.

Otherwise, credit are just just simply too easy to get. Even if you were to make one weapon slot 250k each, there are people out there that could get more than 5 at that price right now.

The only two good suggestions concerning "free" slot was mastery rank rewards and something like 1 platinum as a first daily win bonus.

7/11 has Steam gift cards and prepaid visa giftcards. Use the $20 Steam cards to get yourself a founder's pack if you're connected through Steam.

Let me put it this way: the problem here isn't paying, but the fact that you have no other option but to either pay or miss out on vital aspects of the game. It gives off that "pay to win" vibe.

Otherwise, credit are just just simply too easy to get. Even if you were to make one weapon slot 250k each, there are people out there that could get more than 5 at that price right now.

That's the point though. If you've got this much money, you deserve the slots. This will fix both issues, too much money and not enough slots. Exactly how much money should slots cost to balance this out is another issue.

The only two good suggestions concerning "free" slot was mastery rank rewards and something like 1 platinum as a first daily win bonus.

The issue with the first one is that unless at max level you have one slot for every warframe, slots will steal be limited, only less so. That's not really a solution, just a band-aid. As for the second one, I actually think that giving people platinum for absolutely nothing somewhat defeats it's purpose, and isn't a very sound business solution.

Edited by Ripentear

Oh no, not this again. 2 frame slots and 8 weapons slots are more than enough if you're playing for free. And given that you have 50 plats at start enable you to buy 1 extra frame slot and 4 more extra weapon slots, which is just enough. You don't have to HAVE ALL THE WARFRAMES in your inventory or all the weapons UNLESS if you really want to have em all, go get em Platinums. By making this thread, you're as if making fools of yourself by taking the bread out of the DE's mouth. 

There are several lengthy discussions on the wiki about this topic, pointing out that slots should be possible to get through means other than platinum, just like everything else that isn't a cosmetic item. Several interesting suggestions were made, making them a mastery level reward, making them items that can be made from blueprints using resources, and just plain out buying them with credits. The second and third sounds like the best solution, since even in today's livestream the issue of most players having far too many credits and nothing to do with them has been brought up. Not everyone has disposable income or access to a credit card, and while locking people out of cosmetics and early access to items is perfectly reasonable, locking them out of tactical options seems rather... underhanded, and makes the "free to play" statement questionable.

It's just sad to look at all these warframes ready to be made and claimed but no place to put them. Takes away a big reason to play.

On an unrelated side note, I hope that the influx of youtube contest videos brought some attention to the game. Congratulations to the winners!

This ridiculous thread again. You are not required to buy anything to be successful in this game period. The only thing they charge for is slots and they are like .50cents for 2 weapons and $1 something for warframes.

Would you have them make no money at all??? Guess what there would be no game to $#*(@ about.

I get it money is tight for everyone these days, here's a solution if you must have new slots, find recycle cans and bring them to supermarket and feed them into machine for 5 cents a can, 10/20 cans later you have extra slots.

Someone said So and So helps those that help themselves, so here is your chance make it happen.

BTW Everytime someone starts this thread God kills a kitten! So take a moment and think on that you heartless bastards.

Edited by Ozrik

The issue with the first one is that unless at max level you have one slot for every warframe, slots will steal be limited, only less so. That's not really a solution, just a band-aid. As for the second one, I actually think that giving people platinum for absolutely nothing somewhat defeats it's purpose, and isn't a very sound business solution.

Asking for pay-by-credits is essentially asking for it for free.

And a tiny amount of free platinum is actually perfectly sound business plan.

It would take just under a month to get anything of any real value (slots, potatoes), and just over two months to get a color pack.

What this does is either A) Creates a dedicated player that's easily more willing to pay, or B) A semi-dedicated player that's already payed.

Of course there will always be people like you who will not, or cannot, pay. But making it that easy would be a serous penalty to business.

Oh no, not this again. 2 frame slots and 8 weapons slots are more than enough if you're playing for free. And given that you have 50 plats at start enable you to buy 1 extra frame slot and 4 more extra weapon slots, which is just enough. You don't have to HAVE ALL THE WARFRAMES in your inventory or all the weapons UNLESS if you really want to have em all, go get em Platinums. By making this thread, you're as if making fools of yourself by taking the bread out of the DE's mouth. 

This ridiculous thread again. You are not required to buy anything to be successful in this game period. The only thing they charge for is slots and they are like .50cents for 2 weapons and $1 something for warframes.

Would you have them make no money at all??? Guess what there would be no game to $#*(@ about.

I get it money is tight for everyone these days, here's a solution if you must have new slots, find recycle cans and bring them to supermarket and feed them into machine for 5 cents a can, 10/20 cans later you have extra slots.

Someone said So and So helps those that help themselves, so here is your chance make it happen.

BTW Everytime someone starts this thread God kills a kitten! So take a moment and think on that you heartless bastards.

You are not DE's financial advisers. You are their beta testers. And if you pardon me saying so, right now you're doing a pretty bad job.

Whether the decision of cutting out this one source of income for the sake of making the game better is financially acceptable is entirely their decision. As far as I know, neither of you has any knowledge about their current financial status, so telling them what they should do business-wise is preposterous. You are supposed to tell them how to make the game better and point out it's flaws. And I consider inability to acquire slots with anything but money to be one.

If you feel that this isn't an issue then go ahead and say that. Preferably justify why while you're at it, but not with "you can't afford to do that", you don't know whether that's true, and more importantly, you're not here to point out financial issues.

Asking for pay-by-credits is essentially asking for it for free.

And a tiny amount of free platinum is actually perfectly sound business plan.

It would take just under a month to get anything of any real value (slots, potatoes), and just over two months to get a color pack.

What this does is either A) Creates a dedicated player that's easily more willing to pay, or B) A semi-dedicated player that's already payed.

Of course there will always be people like you who will not, or cannot, pay. But making it that easy would be a serous penalty to business.

You might be right, it's just that when I try to put myself in shoes of someone who spent a considerable amount of money on this game, I imagine it would be unfair if non-paying customers would have the exact same access to status items like colors and such.

I just saw a livestream full of animators making cool stuff and they need to make as much money as possible for their talents.

Try Greendot, or visit a Target.  That place is full of prepaid cards.

I can understand that some people (Me included) may not have the income to spend on the game, but the way I see it. The entire game is available for free. We are provided with 2 Warframe slots and 8 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) weapon slots. If you want more slots, I find it completely fair to have to pay for those extra things. You can easily sell a Warframe or weapon you no longer need/want to make room for a new one. That you don't want to sell those things is is a personal choice. I find it fair, the Warframe team needs to make a living somehow. At least they allow us to play their game completely unrestricted for free.

Games like Star Wars: the old republic say they are free, but at every turn there is a game restriction that requires real money to open up. Other games are "free" to play, but you need to buy a $60 game first and then there is a cash shop as well.

The whole "give us money to make the game" turns to BS when you take essential game mechanics away from players. Often resulting in players quitting/retiring until the issue is fixed. I agree slots through mastery/blueprints would work though.

Side note: why should we get literally a single row of dull colors from the default color pallet.

Provide some wiggle room for the players DE.

I'm more willing to pay money to the company putting it to good use rather than relying purely on paying.

I get that money is essential to a games developement, but again restrictions to slots...that's just mind bogglingly stupid.

Edited by Dafuzer

Mastery? Ok.

For credits? NEVER