Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Weapon/warframe Slots Obtainable Through Credits

Ripentear

Additionally, DE does spectacularly at providing content for the community.

I more than believe they can deal without having players pay for potatoes and slots.

These are actually THE things people pay most for. You already get the potatoes ingame and soon even easier so I dont see why they should do it.

Its not charity....

That is true. Well, hopefully as the game developes and nears completion things will change.

I honestly think the system for potatoes would work fine with slots.

Or you know..the mastery idea

These are actually THE things people pay most for. You already get the potatoes ingame and soon even easier so I dont see why they should do it.

Its not charity....

Then they need to find other things to sell. What happens when people become satisfied with the slots and potatoes they have?

It's just not a viable long term business model.

That is true. Well, hopefully as the game developes and nears completion things will change.

I honestly think the system for potatoes would work fine with slots.

Or you know..the mastery idea

The mastery idea is something I really support since there should be a way to get at least a few more slots without paying =)

Then they need to find other things to sell. What happens when people become satisfied with the slots and potatoes they have?

It's just not a viable long term business model.

They will release new stuff ongoing. There is always a way to use them. Formas as well.

When the clan dojo is out of alpha, there will be also more content you could/ would spent money on.

I mean. There are endless possibilities ^^

Edited by Venarge

And when slots are available easily in the near future because you guys asked for it BECAUSE you guys wanna play for free and not pay any cents, the DEs are going to have to introduce something new to make money and people are gonna keep complaining about how everything in this game should be able to be obtained without paying real money. IT NEVER ENDS. People will never be satisfied, they just wanna see the world burn.

I'm already grateful enough that this great game is available for free and not having to subscribe monthly to play. BE MORE GRATEFUL. 

I'm even grateful that they provide players with 50 plats at the beginning and they even give the players free color palettes (although it's just a line) but at least it's something. Please be grateful. The DEs have done so much to keep this game enjoyable for the least for everyone. 

Edited by ChrizzieCostanzie

And when slots are available easily in the near future because you guys asked for it BECAUSE you guys wanna play for free and not pay any cents, the DEs are going to have to introduce something new to make money and people are gonna keep complaining about how everything in this game should be able to be obtained without paying real money. IT NEVER ENDS. People will never be satisfied, they just wanna see the world burn.

I'm already grateful enough that this great game is available for free and not having to subscribe monthly to play. BE MORE GRATEFUL. 

I'm even grateful that they provide players with 50 plats at the beginning and they even give the players free color palettes (although it's just a line) but at least it's something. Please be grateful. The DEs have done so much to keep this game enjoyable for the least for everyone. 

Now you're just trying to suck up.

Again, we're beta testers, we're supposed to figure out how to make this game better (yes, better for free players too, they're more important for the game's success than you think) and point those ideas and realizations out to the devs. Just pretending that everything is fine when there's an obvious, frequently touched issue while justifying it with "it could be worse" is actually more harmful than helpful.

Edited by Ripentear

2 warframes

2slots

2<<

^

It doesn't cut it.

I get that money is essential to a games developement, but again restrictions to slots...that's just mind bogglingly stupid.

Bogglingly is a funny word. I just felt that I needed to point that out to everyone. It's way more relevant to Warframe than this thread.

2 warframes

2slots

2<<

^

It doesn't cut it.

I don't think that the problem here is that you're not given enough at start, but rather that you can't acquire more. Simply increasing the amount of starting slots wouldn't really solve the issue, unless they increased it to infinity/amount of warframes in the game, removing the restriction altogether.

Quit the slippery slope crap

Slots are important in this game because of a combination of irreversible taters and mastery ranks. 

The more the developers want to make mastery a more important aspect of the game, the more important slots become. 

It's not like everyone is asking for everything to be free, just the stuff that is important to the gameplay. Colors don't matter. Slots do. They are more than a convenience as the game is now. We need means to get them that do not involve platinum. 

I don't think DE would be in any financial crisis if they offer slot for large amount of credit. However, the problem is : which kind of item do you want to be platinum exclusive instead of slot? If you consider the alternatives carefully, you will see that they are crap.

- cosmetic for platinum (need a lot of players to be successful and not every game can use Riot's model)

- potato (P2W)

- some weapons (P2W)

- some frames (P2W)

- some features (duh, remember void keys?)

Arguably, the only viable options are cosmetic and DE don't offer a lot of that at the moment. We have a few weapon skins and first gen alternate helmets. They need a lot more stuff to make this model viable along with large playerbase and lower the price tag. More of a long term solution which may, or may not suitable for DE's financial situation.

Doesn't have to be p2w if you make them a grind to get.

I don't want my ability to get a potato to fall under the chance that I'm on.

The game is a massive grind on its own. Christ just give the community 2 more frame slots and a second page of weapons and you're set for the long haul up until release.

_Ninjas play free

_How many?

_2

_Oh..

If DE gave a reasonable amount of wiggle room in the first place this wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by Dafuzer