Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player What weapons to get for Ash Prime?

Hydraa

Question

Hi all Title says it alll!

I'm a new player looking to main Ash Prime! Just like the way he looks!

I have some Plat and was wondering what weapons I should be getting for him? I basically have none atm.

I'm looking to build around his new ult so any help would be appreciated!

6 answers to this question

For his 4th ability mods on your melee matter more that the melee itself. However, a quick crit weapon would be useful to get a melee multiplier and proc Berserker before starting BS for faster animation. Maybe (Prisma) Dual Cleavers, Dual Ichor, Atterax or Tipedo. If you want to play ninja, go for a bow primary (Dread, Paris (Prime)) and a thrown melee (Despair, Spira (Prime)). Don't waste plat on weapons from market, better buy something Prime from players.

Edited by Suncake

Ash's Bladestorm doesn't really need a weapon but is affected by some melee mods. As such, I would usually use a dagger with the Covert Lethality mod since it could one-hit-kill high-level enemies (including some "bosses") when used with Fatal Teleport Augment mod.  Great for sorties and other high-level missions.  Adding Fury/Primed Fury on the dagger should speed-up the animation for both Bladestorm and Fatal Teleport.

I am currently using the Rakta Dark Dagger, but any dagger will do. I find Fatal Teleport faster in killing heavy units and just use Bladestorm on the others.

As @pauli133 and @Suncake said, do not spend plat on weapons that can be obtained by farming resources or syndicate points.  Use plat on weapon or warframe slots instead.

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

Ash's Bladestorm doesn't really need a weapon but is affected by some melee mods. As such, I would usually use a dagger with the Covert Lethality mod since it could one-hit-kill high-level enemies (including some "bosses") when used with Fatal Teleport Augment mod.  Great for sorties and other high-level mission.  Adding Fury/Primed Fury on the dagger should speed up the animation for both Bladestorm and Fatal Teleport.

I am currently using the Rakta Dark Dagger, but any dagger will do. I find Fatal Teleport faster in killing heavy units and just use Bladestorm on the others.

As @Suncake said, do not spend plat on weapons that can be obtained by farming resources or syndicate points.  Use plat on weapon or warframe slots instead.

thanks guys! Yes i plan on buying the prime version if possible from other people! can any of you guys link me to a build by chance?

29 minutes ago, Hydraa said:

thanks guys! Yes i plan on buying the prime version if possible from other people! can any of you guys link me to a build by chance?

Come to think of it, Warframe doesn't have any primed dagger (please correct me if I am wrong).  Anyway, here's my Rakta Dark Dagger build:

https://goo.gl/l43qof

While I rarely use it for actual melee, its main intention is really for Fatal Teleport (one-hit-kill enemies).  For primary and secondary, it depends on the mission.  Here are my favorites:

1. Tonkor for Sorties
2. Sonicor for Sortie Defense or Rescue missions (given to defense/rescue target) - used with Smoke Shadow Augment mod to keep the target hidden.
3. Synoid Simulor for star chart missions
4. etc.

Good luck, Tenno!

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH