Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Its Me Again! This Time: Try The Warframe Before Start

Krauserlols

Well here is the thing: after some months playing as excalibur i feel like i should have choosen another warframe.

Whe i created another account just to try Loki (who got my attention recently) i figured "hey this guy is just what i like!".

No is not a case of "I got tired of using Excalibur all the time" is more a case of "Im playing somethingi shouldnt".

Because i think Loki fits more to my style of jumping around and killing foools when they are not looking. Loki's speed would also help me whit my "IN YA FACE!" gameplay. Thing is as i was presented to Excalibur first, and my love for swords, i choose Excalibur.

My proposal is: After the basic tutorial give the players the choise to try the three warframes before they make a desition. Just watching their skills isnt enough, you have to try them and see if you feel right whit it.

I would say to try it in that same white dojoish zone where you start and take test whit holo foes to try your warframe and its powers.

All three have diferent play styles and diferent stats so diferent people whould choose one or the other.

Just a suggetion what you guys say?

maybe a seperate 'white room' after the tutorial where there are hologram grineers that are set up so that you can see exactly how the skills function. (lined up grineers for slash dash, group of hostile grineers for decoy, ring in grineers for mag's crush/radial javelin/radial disarm , etc)

I would say... video demonstration for each frame and each skill. you see what it does... kinda have an idea how it works and feels. I think this would already work.

like a text description of slash dash.... you wouldnt know if its fast. if it has a charge up before it goes off. How far the distance is etc. A Video would show these things, while lotus explains the skill. 

There should also be a video overwiev for each frame with general gameplay and a summary of pros and cons as a voiceover. Because you can farm for frames very easy at the later stages in the game it is not as important as a class choice in an mmo for example. So a trial phase or something shouldnt be needed. 

But!! they implemented an one time account roleback, wich will get you back to choosing your starter frame (currently disabled). The videos combined with this feature should give players enough possibilitys to pick the right frame.

Although understandable. It's not really hard to just make a new frame. I started the game with Loki and I really didn't like it from the get go, but I stuck with it and worked on getting Rhino. Now I have Rhino, Frost, Ember (Rank 30) and Trinity (Got today, still rank 6). I sold my rank 30 Loki and kept the rest of the frames that I really like most.

Not only did this all work in my favor by giving me extra mastery, it also served me as a learning experience for the game. Now I can safely say that I have tried Loki and didn't like it. It doesn't take very long to acquire a new frame.

It really doesn't take that long to get frames...usually.

Over the past week I've built Ash, Loki, Banshee and I'll be starting Volt later today.

Dedicate to it and it's easy.

Also, maybe you just don't have the right set-up. Changing mods can completely change how you play a frame.

It really doesn't take that long to get frames...usually.

Over the past week I've built Ash, Loki, Banshee and I'll be starting Volt later today.

Dedicate to it and it's easy.

Also, maybe you just don't have the right set-up. Changing mods can completely change how you play a frame.

I can't imagine its very fun to have to wait until Pluto to get one of the starter frames. lol.

Mag? Yeah, that's easy as heck to farm.

Loki? You're probably going to get his BPs anyways just trying to get Control Modules since the stupid things never want to drop, ever.

But Excalibur..... ugh. I'm GLAD I picked him when I started. I dodged a huge bullet there.

maybe a seperate 'white room' after the tutorial where there are hologram grineers that are set up so that you can see exactly how the skills function. (lined up grineers for slash dash, group of hostile grineers for decoy, ring in grineers for mag's crush/radial javelin/radial disarm , etc)

I think that would work, just have short tutorials highlighting each of the starting Warframes' strengths.

If you want another frame, just farm it or buy it, where is the problem with that?

3 things;

1) Free players only have 2-4 warframe slots, so it is difficult to try out new frames after you find one you like.

2) Getting another frame for the first time can take a long time. I know many people have run the same boss 70+ times and not gotten a needed BP for a frame, and when you don't have the right mods or weapons running a boss can take quite a while. After a while you can get a new frame in a day of farming or less, but when your starting this is not so simple.

EDIT: 3) Most people do not want to buy frames, they are way, way overpriced. Even if they were not, not everyone has money (or credit cards) to use on the game.

Edited by liavalenth

I think, if you can afford a computer that can play warframe you're not poor. Maybe you should reconsider how to spend your time/money.

For me personally the system as it is now is very nice and absolutley fair.

It's an independet company without any of the big publishers making an amazing game that makes more fun than 90% of games that are out now.

About the only "starting" frame that's somewhat hard to get in-game for the new is Excalibur, being locked behind all those high-level missions on Eris and guarded by fearsome (to a new person) Phorid.

Loki and Mag..? You can easily get them solo after your Excalibur turn level 20-ish and 15-ish, respectively.

So, I'd just say that swapping boss BP drops between, say, Tyl Regor (not General Ryk, who's totally not solo-friendly) and Phorid will do the trick. Not liking your starting frame? Build another one from the starting set quite fast.

Edited by JustDont

I don't like the idea of a tutorial for every (starter) frame, would make getting into the game too lengthy and there's already the wikis for that (which you already pretty much have to consult to know where a specific frame drops). Not every piece of information has to be right in your face, some players enjoy exploration and experimentation.

I'd say the spirit of this game is getting the most out of your current thing before you build and try out a new thing, and also patience. Hate your current frame but Excalibur is hard to get? Get another frame that you don't hate and is easier to get, and then use that to get Excalibur. It will only increase your satisfaction when you finally get the thing you want.

Edited by Winterbraid

I think, if you can afford a computer that can play warframe you're not poor. Maybe you should reconsider how to spend your time/money.

For me personally the system as it is now is very nice and absolutley fair.

It's an independet company without any of the big publishers making an amazing game that makes more fun than 90% of games that are out now.

My problem is not really the money (in my country) but the dollar exchange, here in venezuela is ridiculous and it just getting higher by time.

A bunch of Platinum that may not really cost much to you is ridicusly high for me. Thrust me if the dollar exchange wasnt so high here i may even be a founder already.