Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't update Warframe because of my bad internet connection

Jannes01

Question

Hello!

I haven't played Warframe for a while (for example beacuse of this problem) and so there are 5Gb to be updated. Since my Internet is pretty unstable, especially with a "high" download speed my Internet most likely crashes while updating and the update restarts completely. I have already bought the software "Netlimiter" to limit my download speed to 100 kb/s to prevent the Internet from crashing. But since the update contains 5Gb and with a download speed of 100kb/s it takes about 14h to download it, it is very likely that my internet is going to crash while updating. This whole thing wouldn't be a problem if the Warframe launcher would save the downloaded content if the download fails. But even if I have already downloaded 2Gb, the Internet crashes and I will restart the download it will still download the 2Gb again even though It has already been downloaded before.

So my request is that the Warframe launcher will save its progress of the downloaded content so that I could "pause" an update and continue downloading it later without restarting the download completely [just like with the Steam downloads]

Thanks for noticing my request/feedback!

-Jannes01

Edited by Jannes01

3 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

AFAIK Warframe's Launcher does save the data you download.

I know for a fact that that is a lie.

I have been trying to get a friend to play this game. And when it crashed with 1.3GB left to go, we waited for it to start again and had to re-do 13GB.