Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters Help

LordPreda

Question

Ok, so Specters are not a very used part of WF to my knowledge but recently I have become interested in getting to know better how to use them and which builds are the best.

So I would like some advice. Does anyone know of one or more effective builds for Cosmic specters that they'd like to share in this thread?

I am specifically talking about customizable Warframe replicants. I know Clem clones are a good all-round solution to most missions but I'd like some more variety than that.

7 answers to this question

Don't expect Specters to use their powers intelligently.  They tend to do just two things - check to see if a valid target is in range of their abilities, and then use that ability.  They tend to pick a weapon and stick with it, only switching if they're forced into melee combat or the target's outside the reach of their chosen weapon.  There are some trends though.

Rhino Specters will typically pop Iron Skin at the first sign of an enemy, and will not Roar unless there are enemies present and they don't have an existing Roar buff.

Don't expect Trinity Specters to use Well of Life, Energy Vampire or Blessing intelligently.  They will, however, use Link if they drop below half health.

Inaros Specters typically only use Dessication, if they use any powers at all.  They are ridiculously sturdy though.

Saryn Specter will throw Spores at the first foe it sees, and may drop Molt if it drops below half health.  It won't attempt to spore its molt or use Miasma intelligently.

Chroma Specters will use Effigy as soon as enemies show up, but typically won't bother with other powers.

Frost Specters will generally not use Snow Globe.  They will, however, freely abuse Freeze and Ice Wave.

Volt Specters typically won't touch Shield, but will abuse Shock like it's going out of style.  I've never seen one use Speed, but that doesn't necessarily mean they can't as I don't use them often.

Equinox Specters tend to fight with their weapon alone and don't use their powers much.  Pretty aggressive though!

Everything else I really haven't used.

To add to Arkvold's list:

My Mag Specters usually use Magnetize on the first enemy they see and then just use the primary (or melee) weapon. Saved me more than once when I had bad gear and the Stalker came. :)

I had a few Oberon specters and in my experience they used Hallowed Ground very frequently despite it not really reaching the enemy, and used the Dragon Nikana I'd equipped them with to block instead of using the Braton Prime to shoot :/

I will try out a Valkyr specter next, equipped with drakgoon and Stug as low-accuracy, potentially high damage weapons.