Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiant Secrets (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

On 2018-06-28 at 5:41 AM, -Platinum- said:

*While the Cephalon scans away, she visually scans his outfit, seeing if she can make any sense of it* "Is that a good thing he remembers you?"

*Victus is boerd, he begins to check if he has any missed or pending calls* "....."

Your scans have one match. It is the Orokin era uniform for a fleet commander. 

“Given the salute I think it would be a good thing.” She says. “But why would a Fleet Commander be in cryo?”

The ship pulls away from the site of the battle, and drops cloak, allowing it to receive communications.

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Your scans have one match. It is the Orokin era uniform for a fleet commander. 

“Given the salute I think it would be a good thing.” She says. “But why would a Fleet Commander be in cryo?”

The ship pulls away from the site of the battle, and drops cloak, allowing it to receive communications.

"The Fleet Commander is vital to all spec-ops and missions, as horrible as it sounds, the crew are expendable, they knew what they signed up for, but if you kill the Fleet Commander, the Fleet dies with him" *She says, with a sigh*

*Victus re-checks now the communications are back, and then he decided to lay this gem* "Does anyone play Happy Zephyr?"

Edited by -Platinum-

16 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Limbo Prime is standing atop the Maw. A white and gold Rapier pierces the Maws carapace, as you pry its jaws open, and the cataclysm explodes, the Limbo leaping free as the Maw plummets over the side. 

The Limbo completely ignores you at first, choosing to place his foot at the edge of the ledge and pace back towards the cave, counting the steps. 

“Fifteen and a half paces.” He says. “That would make this the... thirty-first iteration, by my count of course. By yours there will have only been one. That would make you... Elias? No. Elliot? No.”

He snaps his fingers. 

“Eleos.” He says. “Oh, right, you don’t know me in this iteration. I’m... no we don’t have time for that. You may call me Lucien.”

He seems well informed, if a tad disconnected from reality. 

Eleos rights himself before responding.  "Iteration? You speak like you time travel.  But that only exists in fiction, yes?"  He faces the cave, and steps towards it.  "Old secrets of a dead empire.  Secrets like those must be made, known.  Join me if you wish."

7 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Eleos rights himself before responding.  "Iteration? You speak like you time travel.  But that only exists in fiction, yes?"  He faces the cave, and steps towards it.  "Old secrets of a dead empire.  Secrets like those must be made, known.  Join me if you wish."

Lucien appears to struggle with something.

”Not travel.” He says. “Still stuck, still moving forward. Unable to deviate.”

He holds up his hand. A line appears, traveling and then splitting. 

“You think time splits with every choice.” He says. “Creates new timelines. That is incorrect. Choices redirect the line, but it stays whole. You see only the chosen paths. I see the unpicked options, the potential deviations. My mind creates iterations, outcomes based on all likely choices. But no way to tell which is real until they start. Until I find the differences. Like how far the maw carries you.”

He sheathes his Destrezza Prime and follows. 

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Lucien appears to struggle with something.

”Not travel.” He says. “Still stuck, still moving forward. Unable to deviate.”

He holds up his hand. A line appears, traveling and then splitting. 

“You think time splits with every choice.” He says. “Creates new timelines. That is incorrect. Choices redirect the line, but it stays whole. You see only the chosen paths. I see the unpicked options, the potential deviations. My mind creates iterations, outcomes based on all likely choices. But no way to tell which is real until they start. Until I find the differences. Like how far the maw carries you.”

He sheathes his Destrezza Prime and follows. 

"Hmm. Far to worrisome to think of it like such. Live only in the current time, yes? Though, now we must drive the current."  He continued deeper into the cave, eyes darting around, looking for traps, for markings. "I havent been here since--well, a while."

18 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Hmm. Far to worrisome to think of it like such. Live only in the current time, yes? Though, now we must drive the current."  He continued deeper into the cave, eyes darting around, looking for traps, for markings. "I havent been here since--well, a while."

There are strange glyphs drawn on the wall in pairs. Three pairs. The first shares a symbol with the the third, which also shares a symbol with the second. Outside the door lies a small console, in a more stylized design than you have seen.

On 2018-07-06 at 12:38 PM, Rakawan said:

There are strange glyphs drawn on the wall in pairs. Three pairs. The first shares a symbol with the the third, which also shares a symbol with the second. Outside the door lies a small console, in a more stylized design than you have seen.

He takes note of the symbols, and investogates the console. "I remember these. From before. Cyphers, or something of sorts, yes?" 

On 2018-06-27 at 5:00 PM, Rakawan said:

“Power should already be on.” Sarum says. “We just need to redirect it to the shields.”

——

“Too weak to move...” Sarum says. “We had reports that lethargy was one of the end results of the plague. We have no way to predict how it reacts to Manics.”

”Understood.  Assuming nothing else goes wrong, I’ll be finished here shortly.”

- - -

”If the normal end result is lethargy before death I’d say it affects Manics the same way it does anything else.  Speaking of anything else, is there anything else you need from us while we’re here?”

Edited by Yzjdriel

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-12 at 7:19 PM, Yzjdriel said:

”Understood.  Assuming nothing else goes wrong, I’ll be finished here shortly.”

- - -

”If the normal end result is lethargy before death I’d say it affects Manics the same way it does anything else.  Speaking of anything else, is there anything else you need from us while we’re here?”

“Pull any files you can from the computers.” Sarum says. “They we just need to find a way to decontaminate you.”

On 2018-07-11 at 11:06 AM, (XB1)chillichillman said:

He takes note of the symbols, and investogates the console. "I remember these. From before. Cyphers, or something of sorts, yes?" 

The console projects the paired symbols above itself. 

“Iterations diverge wildly, multiple successful paths.” Lucien says. “Unable to assist.”

On 2018-07-05 at 1:02 PM, -Platinum- said:

"The Fleet Commander is vital to all spec-ops and missions, as horrible as it sounds, the crew are expendable, they knew what they signed up for, but if you kill the Fleet Commander, the Fleet dies with him" *She says, with a sigh*

*Victus re-checks now the communications are back, and then he decided to lay this gem* "Does anyone play Happy Zephyr?"

“I do.” The Cephalon says. “Maintained a subsystem during my long downtime. My score currently exceeds the display capacity of these monitors.”

45 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“I do.” The Cephalon says. “Maintained a subsystem during my long downtime. My score currently exceeds the display capacity of these monitors.”

"Huh, good to know, I'm not the only one" *He looks to the side* "high-score huh?, eh Cephalons for you"

On 2018-07-27 at 11:04 AM, Rakawan said:

The console projects the paired symbols above itself. 

“Iterations diverge wildly, multiple successful paths.” Lucien says. “Unable to assist.”

"First, let's see if the pairs are in order, yes?"

He rotates the dials to match the paired symbols in the order they read, hoping that they are correctly aligned.

On 2018-07-28 at 8:55 PM, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"First, let's see if the pairs are in order, yes?"

He rotates the dials to match the paired symbols in the order they read, hoping that they are correctly aligned.

The sequence unlocks the door. Traveling beyond it you find an ornate, albeit damaged, hallway. Of particular concern are the claw like marks gouged in the walls, along with far deeper cuts that appear to be from a bladed instrument. 

On 2018-07-27 at 12:52 PM, -Platinum- said:

"Huh, good to know, I'm not the only one" *He looks to the side* "high-score huh?, eh Cephalons for you"

Felicity looks at the unconscious officer.

”The central logs in the shipyard may have more information on him.” She says. “We should head back there.”

23 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Felicity looks at the unconscious officer.

”The central logs in the shipyard may have more information on him.” She says. “We should head back there.”

*She nods* "Then lets head over, do we keep him the medbay for now?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-27 at 12:02 PM, Rakawan said:

“Pull any files you can from the computers.” Sarum says. “They we just need to find a way to decontaminate you.”

"Understood."  Richard performed one last check of the room before heading up to join Lydia.  The two worked seamlessly to pull anything that remained from the Tower's main computer.  "Not much here, Sarum, but this should be everything that's left," Lydia said.

"Do we have any data on Red Plague's effects on Tenno?" Richard asked.

On 2018-08-04 at 6:13 AM, Rakawan said:

The sequence unlocks the door. Traveling beyond it you find an ornate, albeit damaged, hallway. Of particular concern are the claw like marks gouged in the walls, along with far deeper cuts that appear to be from a bladed instrument. 

Eleos investigates the claw marks first, observing the depth and spacing, attempting to find out what they are from; and if it still is near.  

"Are there any iterations that have this, creature, come back here? It would be bad if it were so, yes?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-08-22 at 11:47 AM, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Eleos investigates the claw marks first, observing the depth and spacing, attempting to find out what they are from; and if it still is near.  

"Are there any iterations that have this, creature, come back here? It would be bad if it were so, yes?"

Lucien doesn't seem to hear you.

The hallway leads to a roughly circular area, which was clearly once an ornate room, but is now an absolute mess.

"The iterations diverge wildly," says Lucien again.  "The item we're looking for is somewhere in that room, but is somewhere different in each iteration."

On 2018-08-16 at 9:17 AM, Yzjdriel said:

"Understood."  Richard performed one last check of the room before heading up to join Lydia.  The two worked seamlessly to pull anything that remained from the Tower's main computer.  "Not much here, Sarum, but this should be everything that's left," Lydia said.

"Do we have any data on Red Plague's effects on Tenno?" Richard asked.

"Negative," said Sarum.  "We didn't stay there long enough to find out."

"Understood.  I recommend setting the shields to maximum and Cascading this place.  The Void exposure alone should be enough to destroy any biological virus on its own."

"Be careful.  If even a single mote gets out we'll lose the whole Moon."

"I'm a physician, Sarum.  I know how to contain diseases."  A glance at Lydia was all the two needed before setting to work.

48 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Alright then, lets get going" *she says*

"We have a lot of ground to cover," Felicity says.  "The Grineer are heavily entrenched in the remaining Towers.  C.A.L.C., can you find an optimal insertion point?"

"Location marked," came C.A.L.C.'s reply after a few seconds.

"Thank you.  Right then."  Felicity looked at Arashi and Victor.  "Weapons ready?"

9 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"We have a lot of ground to cover," Felicity says.  "The Grineer are heavily entrenched in the remaining Towers.  C.A.L.C., can you find an optimal insertion point?"

"Location marked," came C.A.L.C.'s reply after a few seconds.

"Thank you.  Right then."  Felicity looked at Arashi and Victor.  "Weapons ready?"

*Arashi nods, already with a weapon in hand* "Let's do this.."

*Victor is fiddling with his Thurible, he stands up and nods* "Ready..." *His Thurible vanishes the moment he gets up*  

On 2018-09-03 at 3:44 AM, -Platinum- said:

*Arashi nods, already with a weapon in hand* "Let's do this.."

*Victor is fiddling with his Thurible, he stands up and nods* "Ready..." *His Thurible vanishes the moment he gets up*  

Felicity nodded.  "Alright.  Time to liberate another Tower."  As she spoke, the cruiser swooped low over an open area near the doorway to a Tower.  As it approached Felicity teleported down in front of the door.

Edited by Yzjdriel