Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sound Issues [XAudio2]

ScarletRaiko

Question

Hey guys, I've been searching for a while and I've seen plenty of people actually had a few issues with XAudio2 stop working or don't even initializing.

Though everything I've seen and tried so far didn't work at all, I'm still getting the error.

What I've tried to far is the follow:

A) My headphones actually have both USB and the usual plugs. I tried with both.
B) Tried to update the DirectX9 (Tried with 10 and 11, same problem) with links that videos and explanations provide. Also the ones in the official pages.
C) Tried to get DirectX files from other games.
D) Deleted everything and let the launcher redownload it.
E) Used Verify option by both Steam and the launcher.
F) Used Optimize option.

I might have missed one solution or another, but I definitely tried a lot. It has worked once before two or three updates from the Windows 10. It might not be Warframe problem, but if anyone could point me at the right direction, I'd be thankful.

The picture of the problem here:
T9gZeAv.png

2 answers to this question

A bit of google seemed to come up with some solutions.

This one person seemed to find a solution to what sounds like the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/CubeWorld/comments/3wlcst/could_not_initialize_xaudio2_on_windows_10/

Same solution on this thread as well: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Windows-10-Failed-to-init-XAudio2-engine

Different games obviously, but this is a windows API problem.

Those are actually posts of solutions I've come across before asking here.

I actually tried both of them before, but did once again now just to be sure I wasn't missing anything. But once again the problem doesn't seem to be fixed at all.

I move all the archives directly to the Warframe DirectX9 folder and use the update system in each step.