The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people in trade chat get mad when you aren't willing to pay their price?

(PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk

On 12/6/2016 at 2:02 AM, WhyNotBro said:

I can tell you what happen :D It's common for online trading. Some sort of conspiracy for profit :D One person states WTB certain mod for, let's say, 100pl. Another one says WTS this mod for 70pl. Real price for that mod is 50pl. So, some people might try to get easy plat by buying for 70 and selling for 100.  I bet you saw a good oportunity to sell your mod for a higher price and here we are, you got ignored. Because the real sale wasn't the purpose of this.

The mod was a syndicate augment and it was 10p. In no way was that some exorbitant amount. What does the buyer gain from this? There was absolutely no haggling involved which is where things could go sour, it was a cut n dry exchange. They're not going to get lower offers than what they're offering; it's naive think you should pay more than the asking price.

And guys the focus of this thread was toxic behavior in trade chat not about the actual trade. You can still have a trade go down in flames and still part ways on good terms. I've had people tell me they've found a better deal and I found myself not calling them a " **** ************ " but instead going "Oh, nice. Take care then". It can turn into a bait n switch situation like "I've found a better offer, can you match it?" which is a huge red flag, but again you can deescalate the situation by going "No I believe my price is fair".

I've also had other people just simply not respond back because of how common a negative reply is when they actually find better offers. And oddly I've been ignored after a trade went through so there's that too. There's also those ultimatum trades where they're like "I only got ____p" where you're either forced to agree or disagree.

But yeah, op another option you could've gone through was actually advertise that you wanted to buy it for a certain price and let them come to you. You're already laying down the groundwork to work the trade in your favor. There's also buying each part individually. Sets are a matter of convenience as they've already done all the work for you.