The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Allow Ports Through Firewall

Daporra

When i log in it keeps on telling me network problem and to allow ports 3960 and 3962 through my firewall, then no1 comes up on my online friends i cant join my friends or any other online game.

i have disabled my firewall completely and have done port fowarding and i still get this.

i just wana play online with my friends plssssssssssss!

Sounds like you suffer from the Strict NAT issue, yeah?

Sorry to say this, but I have the same problem and I haven't been able to fix it.

All we can do is hope for DE to fix it, but that isn't on their to-do list.

I've read in other threads, that there are some routers that have broken upnp...

others say that the ports used by default are blocked by their ISPs.

The Port thing could possibly be fixed by setting other ports in the config and route them properly...

For the issue with the broken upnp, you could try to update the firmware of your router...

Man well it should be, no point in releasing new content if you cant play the game 90% of the time with anyone.

so il just have to wait then?

Sounds like you suffer from the Strict NAT issue, yeah?

Sorry to say this, but I have the same problem and I haven't been able to fix it.

All we can do is hope for DE to fix it, but that isn't on their to-do list.

When i log in it keeps on telling me network problem and to allow ports 3960 and 3962 through my firewall, then no1 comes up on my online friends i cant join my friends or any other online game.

i have disabled my firewall completely and have done port fowarding and i still get this.

i just wana play online with my friends plssssssssssss!

Go into your command prompt and type in "ipconfig" and then look for your Default Gateway. Should be something like 192.168.1.1

Take that address and put it into your address bar of your browser and it'll open up configuration for your router. Look for something called a DMZ. Take your ip address (Thats your local one, which is the first one that appeared when you used ipconfig) and put it in your DMZ. Your router should restart itself, if not then just turn it off at the wall and then after about 30 seconds turn it back on. This SHOULD fix the issue.

The DMZ will exclude your local IP address from NAT/PAT but will exclude you from your routers firewall. As long as you have a firewall running on your computer this won't be an issue but it'll fix your problem.

Hope this helps

The DMZ will exclude your local IP address from NAT/PAT but will exclude you from your routers firewall. As long as you have a firewall running on your computer this won't be an issue but it'll fix your problem.

Hope this helps

be aware of some risks when doing that...

Depending on your Router, it could mean that setting an IP to the DMZ will result in all packets get directly routed to this IP.

(A Router normally filters any broadcasts or other things flying through the net)

NEVER turn off your Firewall when you are configured for DMZ (There are really bad things out there just waiting for this).

If you do not have a Firewall running on your pc, just DON'T do it.

DMZ is considered as a last option and is like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

And if your Problem is at your ISP, this won't help!

If you do Portforwarding correct, it should be enough...

I am using DMZ as it was the only option for curing strict NAT with my Technicolour, unpnp I won't use and port forwarding with unpnp disabled didn't work, note you cannot use unpnp and port forwarding together with most routers.

As to the software firewall, if you don't have one or just use windows firewall which isn't up to the job and want some thing free, I went with http://www.online-armor.com/ I had tried a few others but they lacked the ability to blackhole the pc so it would not respond to port scans, which this one does by default.

Also recommend you only use DMZ setting for the period you are playing warframe and disable it at other times.