Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum, You Can Access Anything, But Too Much To Afford

The7thGuardian

For I have seen in the new update, I saw that in the market, almost all the weapons cost lots of platinum (not including the blueprints) but only few are credits. And avatar pictures, bundles and equipment are also containing platinum in each and every one of them (except team heal, ammo boxes and restores). I think this is too much to afford.

I seen in the old update that most weapons or stuff in the market are with credits, even the avatar pictures. Avatar pictures are just pictures to represent your profile in this website and in game, and it still costs 30 platinum? Just only representing a picture for your profile?

And almost everything in warframe is depending on Platinum, which is hard to get, unless you buy it. But even though, there should be only some items that are platinum.

And sometimes, the platinum costs in the bundles and equipment are TOO EXPENSIVE. 

I hope that in update 9, this will be a 90% free game, just at least 80% or 90%. I don't recommend that it has to be 100%.

I'm just saying that almost everything in the game costs platinum.

If you want to keep it that way, almost everything platinum, the Devs should give at least 100 platinum every update or big updates. This is all i want to say about platinum.

I agree the items often cost too much plat, but everything is obtainable for free except for slots and vanities (which have no actual use in-game).

Basically, I don't agree with giving away free platinum, because it's not too expensive to buy plat.

You can already build every weapon without having to pay. You need the BP. You want them to be credit purchases. This is just a bad idea since credits are so easy to obtain. Something like this devalues the whole item. And srly. Avatars are nothing you need. They are purely cosmetic. Same goes for colors. You dont need them. If you want them, pay.

Sry Dude, but you seem just dont understand the crafting system....

You can get 100 % of all ingame Items for free. You mentioned the Avatars and Sentinel optical upgrades are platiunum only which is fair.

Using Platinum will only shorten the Time needed to get those things.

Giving everyone platinum every one or two months seems like a bad idea. I don't think people will buy platinum anymore =X Besides aside from Catalysts (Alerts are getting fixed anyways) and Slots, you don't really need platinum for anything else. All weapons are obtainable for free, I know that for sure because I've obtained ALL of my weapons for free. I only spend my platinum on slots and the cheap starter warframes.

However I do agree the weapon prices are kind of outrageous although that doesn't actually affect you at all since you don't have much platinum anyways. You should be perfectly fine obtaining these weapons without paying a cent.

Edited by Liacu

most weapons which were obtainable for credits moved to the Blueprint section.

Blueprints are buyable for credits and can be built in the foundry afterwards if you have the materials.

So this game is basically 90% - 95% free.

The Only things that are not obtainable by playing the game are slots and cosmetics (e.g. parts for your sentinal, avatar pics).

Sure a few parts are hard to get (especially when you need lots of them e.g. catalysts, forma, reactors), but you can get them if you're lucky ;)

*sigh. I'm a free player and I have almost every single item in this game except the sentinel parts and slot. AND I don't have any complaints about them.  If you think they're expensive then do it the cheap way through patience and farming.

Buying the blueprint and crafting it may seem somewhat daunting, especially when you have to do it for all the weapons you want. But then you buy the blueprint, and you realise that you basically have all the mats you need. 
To be honest, making almost all the weapons crafted just means that you have to wait 12 hours. The mat cost, and associated credit cost, is nothing.

I seen in the old update that most weapons or stuff in the market are with credits, even the avatar pictures. Avatar pictures are just pictures to represent your profile in this website and in game, and it still costs 30 platinum? Just only representing a picture for your profile?

Much better than the other way around: things you really need cost platinum and things for styling are - as good as - for free.