Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Micro Transactions In The Market Please.

Mad5cout

It would be nice if things were sold in smaller units.

Example - I don't want to buy a whole color palette for 75 platinum and I NEVER will.  But I might buy 1 color for 2 Platinum.  The current set up is far too limiting.  I know part of this is setting up the market in a way that makes money for you and perhaps you make enough money on it in its current formulation.  However, I capped "never" in the above sentence to underscore just how stingy I am (as well as other players).  If you sell each color at 2 platinum but give bulk buyers a discount on buying an entire palette, I think you will find the best of both worlds - opening yourself up to make a little money off of us cheap-o's.

Another possibility would be selling weapon slots 1 at a time for 10 platinum.  Sometimes I would prefer to buy just one slot for that one extra weapon you came out with that I am actually interested in.  But my interest is not enough to get me to buy an extra slot I don't need.

A final one might be selling revives 1 at a time rather than a full refill.

Not sure if there are other opportunities here but these are the 3 that come to mind.

Probably one of the reasons why I stay away from the Purchase Platinum page. It is why Microsoft Points are so hated because you are spending more for an amount you don't want but rather in this one you are spending more for...less.

I mean ok you get discounts on Plat purchases but for the amount to buy a warframe and a weapon you are looking at an over £23 investment, which is just INSANE!

The only pricing I can really agree with is that of the Founders Packages that go up to Master. The things you get for Grand Master are poor with the price tag that is clipped to it. You get your name added to a list of hundreds of people? No thanks, I will just go into Global Chat and write some great posts thank you very much.

For micro transactions though I hope they look into allowing players to buy small amounts of resources for a small fixed price. Though I am sure we are going to get some insane prices as usual if they did do it. Have you seen the pricing for card packs on the market? They are beyond stupid when you can get most of them from just playing some defence missions.

It's why there was so much anger with the Mass Effect 3 MP unlocks.

I think the card packs in general should consist of special cards that you probably wouldn't be able to get in the game. Cards that really give a massive amount of value. I mean spending 90 platinum for a pack that gives you Nyx's mind control twice, fletchette, blunderbuss and a rare Rhino Stomp is just silly when you could instead charge for a variety of different artifact packs instead that feature your own unique things.

Hopefully they step back and rethink some of the cash shop ideas in the future but at the moment it is pretty much a rookie mistake.

I'm no marketing expert, but if color palletes were cheaper (or allowed you to buy individual colors like you said) wouldn't that mean more people would be inclined to pay for them, and having hundreds of players pay a little money be better than a few dozen pay the current price?

That is sorta my point paradox.  Like for me, I would buy something like a neon green cause I like neon green.  But I don't want to pay extra plat for that really awesome hot pink that I will never use.  There are maybe 10 colors in the whole game I would purchase and like none of them are on the same color palette. There is no friggin way I am going to pay like 500 plat to get them all.  But if I could get all the colors I wanted for about 20 platinum?  You betcha.

You gotta watch those supply-demand curves.  When you bundle so many useless things together with things people actually want and ask a premium price to get them, you are cutting out a very, very large part of the market...

$5 for a color palette?  uh... no.  I can buy a 12 pack of soda or a large pizza with that $5.  It's a recession yo....

Do you know how much downloadable content I can get for other games on Steam for $5?  It's a lot more than some pretty colors...

Edited by Mad5cout

That is sorta my point paradox.  Like for me, I would buy something like a neon green cause I like neon green.  But I don't want to pay extra plat for that really awesome hot pink that I will never use.  There are maybe 10 colors in the whole game I would purchase and like none of them are on the same color palette. There is no friggin way I am going to pay like 500 plat to get them all.  But if I could get all the colors I wanted for about 20 platinum?  You betcha.

You gotta watch those supply-demand curves.  When you bundle so many useless things together with things people actually want and ask a premium price to get them, you are cutting out a very, very large part of the market...

$5 for a color palette?  uh... no.  I can buy a 12 pack of soda or a large pizza with that $5.  It's a recession yo....

Do you know how much downloadable content I can get for other games on Steam for $5?  It's a lot more than some pretty colors...

You could buy a character pack on Injustice Gods Among Us for $5 too. That is actually over 4 times as cheap as a Warframe haha.